LED tail lights

Thread: LED tail lights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have lots of light on the back of my bike with the Kury strips down each side and pulsing when brakes are applied. What I just found out and something I have seen on other bikes with LED upgrades is very little noticeable difference in light output is viewed between the run and brake lights. While yes more brighter lights are a good thing but if the runs are really bright you can lose the effectiveness of having brighter brake lights. No visible brake lights is not something I desire to have. This mod adds being red run and brake and keeps the turns working in amber. What I would be more interested in doing is making the turns work also as a brake light and not as run. This would return me the brake lights that are washed out by the really bright run lights. I was already thinking about how to add two more strips of brake only lights. Found some I think would work from Radantz.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I... This mod adds being red run and brake and keeps the turns working in amber. What I would be more interested in doing is making the turns work also as a brake light and not as run. This would return me the brake lights that are washed out by the really bright run lights. ...
    This mod lets you configure it either way.
    The switchback lights are red, with amber for turn signal use.
    I started out with my switchback red lights in Running light mode and 2wheels is correct, the difference between running and braking was not enough.
    I switched the switchback red lights to Brake mode, and now my entire ass end lights up red when I apply the brakes - much better.
    All happy now.
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I have lots of light on the back of my bike with the Kury strips down each side and pulsing when brakes are applied. What I just found out and something I have seen on other bikes with LED upgrades is very little noticeable difference in light output is viewed between the run and brake lights. While yes more brighter lights are a good thing but if the runs are really bright you can lose the effectiveness of having brighter brake lights. No visible brake lights is not something I desire to have. This mod adds being red run and brake and keeps the turns working in amber. What I would be more interested in doing is making the turns work also as a brake light and not as run. This would return me the brake lights that are washed out by the really bright run lights. I was already thinking about how to add two more strips of brake only lights. Found some I think would work from Radantz.
    I did the LED upgrade and had a rider following me comment that very thing, that he saw little difference between the brake light and the running lights. If not for an added brake light that flashes he did not notice the difference in light intensity.