Seat advice 6'3 with 34' inseam
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat advice 6'3 with 34' inseam

Seat advice 6'3 with 34' inseam

Having come from the V-twin cruiser world, all honda's, most recently a VTX 1800N with a corbin gunslinger saddle, I have come accustomed to sitting "in" the bike vs. on top of the bike. While, in my first 1K miles on the F6B, I've grown accustomed to the stock saddle with drop floor boards and kury pegs to stretch out on, I would still like to get into the bike a little more. My fear is that if I go with one of the after market seats that drops you into the bike more that it will be a double edged sword and I will feel too folded up due to having long legs.

Anyone with long legs have any experience with any of the aftermarket seats that they can share with me. Perhaps it will be the lesser of two evils, either sitting on the bike or sitting in the bike and having my legs more folded up on the boards. It's an expensive endeavor to try a seat out so I am hoping for at least some feedback from some of the longer-stemmed board members who feel my pain of wanting to be in the bike more.

While I've gotten used to the stock seat and feel relatively comfortable, it just resembles a scooter seat to me whenever I look at it or sit on it. It's truly my only complaint about the f6b if you can even call it that. I'll admit, while I like function, I still tend to favor form at this point of my riding life.. Just my opinion.

Thanks all as always for your feedback.
    Paul

Being 6'- 8" with a 38" inseam (on a good day)

I stayed with the factory seat, but I added Roadsmith Comfort Controls. These moved the pegs forward several inches and down slightly.

Much more comfortable and allow's easy adjustment of the controls to accomidate my big feet.

I do scrape the pegs a bit more ... minor compromise .....

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    More info on Roadsmith Comfort Controls:

http://trikeshop.com/news/4192012/

Forward 3 inch's, down 1:

http://www.trikeshop.com/shop/catego...fort-controls/

(I do not have these controls. Just posting links for the long-legged fella's!)

Yowza, that's not cheap. I actually feel okay with my foot position now since I added the drop for boards and the highway pegs. More interested in exploring a different saddle to get into the bike more.

I'd recommend the Mustang seat. It will drop you down an inch and allow you to sit a little bit further back in the saddle, more like a typical cruiser seat. It also does make you feel more in the bike instead of on top of it like with the stock seat. The built in back support is a nice feature too. Also, you can always add highway pegs to stretch out your legs on long rides.

Corbin Dual Touring Seat! Gives you plenty of room, looks good. You feel surrounded by the seat.IMG_1982.jpg

No feedback on any of the aftermarket seats from taller riders? Just really interested in hearing if taller riders feel comfortable or too cramped on the aftermarket seats.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcityf6b View Post
    No feedback on any of the aftermarket seats from taller riders?
    Ultimate King seat might be your best bet since it's specially designed for taller riders. Having owned two Ultimate seats on previous bikes I can attest to there comfort and quality.

I'm 6-3, 225. The Corbin dual touring seat pictured above is very comfortable for me. Thus far, I have not needed highway pegs, and I have a couple of 700 mile days on the F6B.

I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall with 34 inch inseam. I ride long distance on the stock seat in comfort with Mick-O-pegs. For the tall guy these get your feet forward and down low to distribute body weight across the back side of your thighs. Mick-O-Pegs really improve long distance comfort on the stock seat. I do many 200 mile legs between fuel stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W1aGHwqgPk

http://ridingiswonderful.com/id22.html

If you just don't like the look of the stock seat then I'm sure others can help.