Which windshield ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which windshield ?

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    If you are like most of us, you are going to love this bike. I find myself just looking for excuses to ride and the more I do, the more I love it. I came from some other bikes too. My first, as an older adult, was a Honda Aero 750 cc. After about 9 months I traded that for a 2006 Honda VTX 1300cc. After that, I traded for a 2008 Honda VTX 1300 cc. I traded that for a 2005 Goldwing ( which I hated and swore I would never own another Wing). After 9 months, I traded that for a 2010 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S 1700 cc. I absolutely loved that bike and wouldn't hesitate to own another one. When my dealership asked if I wanted to test ride the F6B, I said yes, but that I would hate it. I drove it and loved it. For reasons unknown, it didn't handle like the 2005 Wing I had. I had one in my garage less than a week later. Can't wait to hear your comments about the bike after you have it for about a week.
    Hey CPC,

I too am coming from a wing , but I love that bike...I just don't use all the bells & whistles like CB , reverse...Ect. I will miss the cruise and nav but the F6B handles SOOO
    much sharper and lets not forget the abvious...it looks awesome ! Give me a shout about NC and the Maggie Valley area. Looking at some property while I'm down there.
    I always liked the Star line too !

What size windshield did you get

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I think I am on my 6 or 7th…Have a Clearview now with a vent…love it…loved the Honda Tall before I put a Mustang seat on and lowered the seat, have it for sale now…. who knows…don’t think you will be happy until you have gone thru 3 or 4….JMHO….
    Hey Steve,

What size Clear View did you get. I just ordered the 15" (Medium) grey with a vent and recurve at the top. I have a 14 inch KW but is just to short. I am going to eventially get a Mustang seat and that will drop me down another inch. Hope it won't be to high at that point.

Just looking for some info from someone who has the shield and the seat that I want.

Also, how much farther back does the Mustang seat put you?

I have 3000 miles on my 15 inch dark smoke Cee Baileys and love it. Have had them on Goldwings, Super Tenere, FLHX, and KLR650.. liked CeeB"s on all of them.

BIG BIKE PARTS FLIP WINDSHIELD!

Anyone have this windshield?
    Who makes it?
    Good Quality?
    Does it work Good?

Which windshield?

Quote Originally Posted by slappy58 View Post
    O.K. , Picking up my new F6B on May 28th in MD. Looking for a taller shield . I like the look of the Klock Werks or maybe the Clearview 11 or 13. What do you think?

Also I'm heading south to Maggie Valley NC. after pick-up and then back home to Cape Cod, Ma. any thoughts on great routes or must see's ?

Steve
    Windbender ST13 on mine and it's great! I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam. I'm not sure why everybody uses these measurements when they talk about windshields....I guess because they're convenient and most people know their inseam....but really, they don't mean a lot when discussing windshields...we need to establish a standard measurement for our upper half when talking about windshields...and reserve the lower half measurements for discussing highway pegs and seats....IMHO...

I installed a F4 on a buddys F6B and really liked the style, quality, and hardeded surface that allows cleaning with household window cleaners and paper towels. Last weekend, Wingstuff had a 15% off sale on F4's and I ordered a tinted one with vent hole. Due for delivery tomorrow. I am really anxious to try it. My OEM Honda tall is getting a little worse for wear after 25,000 miles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I installed my 18" F4 Customs windshield today. I was surprised 1. it installed with five bolts instead of three and 2. it is closer to 19" than 18". I took a short ride in upper 30 degree weather and really like the extra width along with this tall screen. Sitting normal, I look through the shield which I prefer. I can sit straight up and look over it. I installed the vent from my OEM Honda tall screen for added wind in the Texas summer months. I am looking forward to a longer ride to really test out the wind protection.

Attachment 9640
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Madstad is the only choice

I tried Cee Bailey and Clearview on my F6B. None would give me enough cover. Madstad has eliminated all buffeting, gives me a slight breeze, and is lower for better view over the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Rich View Post
    I tried Cee Bailey and Clearview on my F6B. None would give me enough cover. Madstad has eliminated all buffeting, gives me a slight breeze, and is lower for better view over the shield.
    Yep. Tried Cee Bailey and Honda Tall. Madstad just plain works. No buffeting at all and you look over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Before the breathing air is gone, before the sun is just a bright star in the night sky.

Personally, I have used Klockworks on a number of bikes and love it. The most "Aero-efficient" design I have found. THIS IS JUST ME---but I hate tall shields and the KW works almost as well while allowing you to look over. Also takes away the noise.