Couple of Deer!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of Deer!

Couple of Deer!

Was out on a cruise today and a couple of deer decided to field test my brakes after the recall was done and they came thru with flying colors. I love the brakes on this bike they are probably the best I have ever had. The M109R Suzuki had good brakes but these are definitely better. The ease at which it pulls this big bike down is just amazing and does it so smoothly and effortlessly. I really don't think ABS would help this bike brake any better than it does already.

Our ride today involved no animalage. But, we did get to witness a sport biker just not stop for the law. We were in the right hand lane and saw the Humble police officer in his SUV pulling into the freeway. Then the sport biker flew past us in the left lane of the three laner at about 85. 5-0 accelerated and pulled about 20 yards behind the sportage knuckle-brain. He just juiced the goose and was gone in an instant. That's typical MO here in Houston, they just don't stop.

Glad your brakes kept you with us. I need you to pay for that steak shooter owes me next month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

The cops are nuts

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Our ride today involved no animalage. But, we did get to witness a sport biker just not stop for the law. We were in the right hand lane and saw the Humble police officer in his SUV pulling into the freeway. Then the sport biker flew past us in the left lane of the three laner at about 85. 5-0 accelerated and pulled about 20 yards behind the sportage knuckle-brain. He just juiced the goose and was gone in an instant. That's typical MO here in Houston, they just don't stop.

Glad your brakes kept you with us. I need you to pay for that steak shooter owes me next month.
    Waste of time with a Suv trying to catch a crotch rocket, Waste of gas and the officer life to even try to catch one of those. If the guy can ride the only way the cop in an SUV could catch him is he would have to screw up riding that thing. With heavy traffic it would be impossible. Only the cops radio is faster than one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Was out on a cruise today and a couple of deer decided to field test my brakes after the recall was done and they came thru with flying colors. I love the brakes on this bike they are probably the best I have ever had. The M109R Suzuki had good brakes but these are definitely better. The ease at which it pulls this big bike down is just amazing and does it so smoothly and effortlessly. I really don't think ABS would help this bike brake any better than it does already.
    Had a similar experience last week. Yeah, the braking power is impressive but I would still prefer ABS. Not having to think about modulating the lever and pedal to avoid a lockup is an advantage in a panic situation.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

shooter

Hey Dude , I got steak money from Duke. Dog you are right. I've had some good brakes on bikes , but nothing like this. I had an incident last year with the wife on , needed everything I had. At the end I was up off the seat standing on the brake and squeezing as hard as I could with my hand. The B squatted almost to the bottom of the suspension but stayed straight. Wife wasn't ready for it and was all over me. I gotta tell ya those brakes are a definite confidence builder.

Glad you made it thru unscathed. I trust the brakes for the most part...just not the oem tires, can't wait till they wear enough to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Hey Dude , I got steak money from Duke. Dog you are right. I've had some good brakes on bikes , but nothing like this. I had an incident last year with the wife on , needed everything I had. At the end I was up off the seat standing on the brake and squeezing as hard as I could with my hand. The B squatted almost to the bottom of the suspension but stayed straight. Wife wasn't ready for it and was all over me. I gotta tell ya those brakes are a definite confidence builder.
    What a goof I am. Trying to scam steaks everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Anyone have any input on the best tires for braking? With 5300 miles, I am starting to think about the next set of rubbers.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I want more info on the Dunlop Elite $'s

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Anyone have any input on the best tires for braking? With 5300 miles, I am starting to think about the next set of rubbers.
    I am hoping they are as good if not better than the Dunlop Elite 3's I use to run.

shooter
    What a goof I am. Trying to scam steaks everywhere.
    Hey , when you're raised up poor like we were old habits die hard. Times were hard and some nights we didn't have enough steak for seconds. Its OK buddy.