honda f6b vs harley street glide - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: honda f6b vs harley street glide

Quote Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
    THANK YOU,you see my local honda dealer does not allow test rides even though i have a motorcycle endorsement.that's what i'm looking for
    Yes, that is what sucks about almost all metric motorcycle dealers. They won't let you take one for a test ride. HD dealerships on the other hand will fall all over themselves trying to get you on a test ride.

Go sit on a F6B. If the ergonomics feel right...you will be happy with the bike. There are other aftermarket options as well for the pegs, seat, windshield, etc so you'll never be "fixed" into a static OEM posture while on the bike.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

THANK YOU,you see my local honda dealer does not allow test rides even though i have a motorcycle endorsement.that's what i'm looking for
    Not to a Street Glide, but a Road Glide CVO.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/04/22...omparison-test

Happy reading!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I would dare say that if you are really considering a F6b and can prove your experience on a bike that their may possibly be a member w/in a reasonable distance from you that may allow you to test ride their bike.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

WOW i thought the harley guys were rough.I simply wanted to know what is was like riding a flat six vs a v twin,I don't want to spend 20 grand and not be happy thanks anyhow
    I'm blessed to also own a 10 Streetglide. It's got motor work that seldom gets out run.
    My 6 and Glide are 2 different animals.
    Most enjoyable difference is, I have to "ride" the HD, where as the 6 is almost on rails.
    I have no puddles on the floor, no crazy maintenance costs. And yes, it's worth more than my 6 as far as today's value or trade in worth.
    It has been on several 3000 mile hits aND is fun to run around with.
    I don't own the two to downgrade one or the other.

Ride what you want and forget the attitude bs.
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

well guys i live in sw florida, i would love to meet up with someone

Tell the dealer, I'll just buy mine online at the B forum after I meet one of them that lets me ride one. That's just idiotic to turn away a buyer. You won't be disappointed with the B unless in the rare case the bars and stock seat and peg location is not ergonomically with you. It happens in a small amount of cases, but it is rare. Just meet one of our Florida B owners, you'll buy one. There are some killer deals on this forum. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I'm in NW Florida....if you get this way, give me a shout.

Oh yeah, I also own a 95 Heritage FLSTN Special. Damn fine bike.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...Deluxe-(black)

See?

Southwest Airlines one way Ft Lauderdale to Dallas Love Field as low as $94.

Done deal, go pick it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

WOW i thought the harley guys were rough.I simply wanted to know what is was like riding a flat six vs a v twin,I don't want to spend 20 grand and not be happy thanks anyhow

I can't attempt to compare the Glide to the 6, as I have not ridden a Street Glide. But as to the flat 6 vs V-Twin question...The twin obviously shakes a lot more (less smooth), have you ever noticed one at a stop light? Now, I have owned a V twin sport bike. Lots of torque, but that is a different world in weight. For me, I wanted the most comfortable, powerful ride I could find with out entering the Vtwin wolrld, as I don't dress like a pirate and where proper riding gear. Enter the F6B. I come from the sport bike background, so this is easily the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. I was pleasantly surprised on how quick and how smooth she is at high speed. The trump card is the legendary reliability and longevity of the Goldwing. Sorry no American bike can compete in this category in my opinion.
    That being said, coming to an F6B forum and asking for advice, is going to be slanted in the Hondas favor.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

I think the difference in the ride quality is about the same as driving a Toyota Corolla or a Lexus. Quieter, smoother, powerful acceleration and feels like a large sports bike when on the mountain curves.