What headset to buy?

Thread: What headset to buy?

Cool What headset to buy?

Can i get some biased, learned the hard way and no-holds barred opinion as to which headsets work well with the F6B.

Ive looked online at uclear, J&M, sena and many others and am very interested in a dual pack (I like to share my outstanding wit and informative scenic blurb with my pillion.) Most systems i have seen seem to be around 250 to 300 which is ok if they work well.
    I'm leaning toward the sena10 but im unclear on whether the system will allow the use of the F6B radio.
    I love radio and intercom, phone connection (bluetooth) is also highly desirable, however Radio will be my main vice and the phone a hopefully seldom used lifeboat.
    Also i will buy two modular helmets but i dont want to get off topic but if you know of any great deals that include headsets.

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) they would like to share with me, sorry chaps im an audio/com virgin.

"Punks dead
    But we're still dying"

I have a sena smh10 set ,my wife and I have been useing it since march and are very happy with the sena product. A friend of mine and his brother also have a set. We went on a ride together and we all were able to have a conversation . works well for mp3 player, and phone . As far as the radio you would also need 3.5mm stereo jack for the Goldwing and the sm10 dual stream. I haven't tried hooking up the sm10 yet but from what I have read this set up should work. Hope this Helps. Oh yah bikemp3 has all these products on their web site. sorry I'm not sure how to post their web link. Jay

We use the Cardo Scala Q3. It has a built in radio I like, of course you can BT in radio and GPS sound. One person can BT in music and play it to both units. My wife and kid talk on the phone when they are passengers. We are not connected to the bikes system at all, no need really. On the Q3 model, you can unplug the speakers and use ear buds if you want.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Clash...... So the main thing other that taking to the rider is listening to the radio ??????
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Yep.
    Radio is a sound salvation - Elvis Costello

Welllllll You can blue tooth the bike to any of the mentions head sets....using http://www.bikemp3.com/Bluetooth-Headsets_c19.htm
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I prefer the SENA SMH10, SM10 and GL1800 cable.

Pair the SMH10 to your phone and the SM10, Connect the SM10 to your bike with the GL1800 cable, listen to bike audio or phone audio.

I also have mine paired to my Garmin 550 and my phone paired to the Garmin and the SENA SMH10. When I receive a call I see the caller number and or name if they are in my contacts and can call them back later or take the call if I am at a safe place.

http://www.texascyclechrome.com/search.aspx?find=SENA
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

I have Scala Rider Q2 headsets. (Eventually I will upgrade to G9) They are bluetooth and wireless. They provide intercom for 2-up riding plus bike-to-bike communication for up to one other set (pairing with up to two sets total) with up to a one mile range (line of sight). I've found that even on long trips, you don't need much more range than that. They will sync to your smart phone for hands-free cell phone use. They will sync to your gps for turn-by-turn navigation, too.

They also have a wired cord that plugs into your iPod/mp3 player for music. You can listen to your music and it will automatically be overridden by (in this order of priority): 1) gps 2) cell phone incoming call 3) intercom or bike-to-bike comm.

There is also an adaptor that EC sells that you can use to plug into your F6B.

The system for two sets is around $260.

The headsets are easy to install into a full-face or 3/4 helmet. Not recommended for an open-face helmet because of wind noise and positioning the speakers and mike boom.

I've done some repositioning of the speakers in my helmet to get the right clarity/volume for cell phone calls. Oh yeah - it also has fm radio, but it ain't worth spit.

Positives: wireless, less expensive than a CB and wired headsets. Negatives: no more than two "buddies".

Otherwise, I'm very happy with it.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]