anyone else feel screwed? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: anyone else feel screwed?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    My 6 might just be the best 'screwin' I ever got!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    My 6 might just be the best 'screwin' I ever got!

amen...amen

no need to get personal

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    Almost 7,000 miles in four months. NO regrets. None.
    And it's late, so I'm also going to say that anyone who complains about issues with this bike has a few screws loose, or has nothing REALLY serious in his/her life.

What needs to be changed on this bike can be summed up on the fingers of one hand, and then only if you want to plink around with it.

"Methinks thou doth compaineth too much."
    I have quite a few serious things in my life, do not have a screw loose, and know how to spell complain. And I don't complain often or to you specifically. What it being late has to do with anything is beyond me.
    Your reply rubbed me the wrong way, and that is hard to do.

Looking at your original post, you say you feel screwed because you bought the bike for the looks and now that you realized you need a taller windshield you feel screwed!!? I’m not real sure how you feel you were screwed. Do you think Honda lured you in with the short windshield so you would buy it? Maybe they did but that’s their job haha to sell bikes.

In my opinion if you want to keep the look of the bike then get a clear taller windshield, that maintains the look of the bike pretty well and still get the wind protection you need.

I think the thread rubbed people the wrong way with saying you felt screwed because I think most people are very satisfied and ecstatic with this bike as I am. I’m wondering how you can buy this amazing motorcycle and feel you got “screwed”. I think you just wanted to stir the pot, and when you do you complain about that too. You really need to do more riding and less complaining I think. Riding always puts me in a good mood.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I believe it was just a poor choice of words and feelings and not intended to offend anyone...I love my F6B and rank it up with the best bikes, if not the best, I have ridden in over 50+ years.....I agree, ride the bike and put a smile on your face and enjoy the day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I believe it was just a poor choice of words and feelings and not intended to offend anyone...I love my F6B and rank it up with the best bikes, if not the best, I have ridden in over 50+ years.....I agree, ride the bike and put a smile on your face and enjoy the day!!!
    +1...just looking at all the other posts from Elin, I'm positive there was no intention of offending. Believe me, I have done a fair bit of writing in my time and have learned the hard way how easy it is to be misunderstood when writing as opposed to speaking. I think it's fair to say that we're all here to share our appreciation for a great machine and to help one another.
    Ken (Hornblower)

The Interblab iz a fuNnY place......,

Love the bike

Really do love the bike, came off 06 k1200lt that had radio reception issues that were unable to be resolved after few trips to dealer and replacing the whole system part by part over 2 years. Prior bike was vtx 1800 that I mounted a HD fairing and waterproof stereo into.
    Wind is not the issue, My problem w/f6b could ideally be solved w/stronger amp, better speakers. Even w/ full face helmet and headset plugged into intercom, the wind noise would drown out music at highway speeds. Test rides were not available at dealership prior to buying bike. I should get my 11" dark gray Madstad tomorrow, and will go with the funky looks if it works as well as everyone here says it does. I had high hopes for the klockwerks shield, but the few reviews here have been less than favorable.

I am sure Elin is a beautiful person and had no intention of offending, and I gave it a few days before feeling I had to reply, Happy Riding Season to all, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimsol1 View Post
    Wind is not the issue, My problem w/f6b could ideally be solved w/stronger amp, better speakers. Even w/ full face helmet and headset plugged into intercom, the wind noise would drown out music at highway speeds. Test rides were not available at dealership prior to buying bike. I should get my 11" dark gray Madstad tomorrow, and will go with the funky looks if it works as well as everyone here says it does. I had high hopes for the klockwerks shield, but the few reviews here have been less than favorable.
    Jim--Good to see you coming back in here If wind noise is the main problem, I'm confident the right windscreen will get you where you want to be. Maybe we can compare notes since I just finished installing the 11" Madstad mere moments ago. I hope to get out tomorrow for test riding. Previously, I was using a Cee Bailey 13" with vent and that greatly reduced wind noise and was more than satisfactory. The whole Madstad thing, along with it's adjustability, was just too intriguing to me. When I saw that I could have that setup with a black base and clear top, that's all it took for me to place the order.
    Ken (Hornblower)

hornblower

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Jim--Good to see you coming back in here If wind noise is the main problem, I'm confident the right windscreen will get you where you want to be. Maybe we can compare notes since I just finished installing the 11" Madstad mere moments ago. I hope to get out tomorrow for test riding. Previously, I was using a Cee Bailey 13" with vent and that greatly reduced wind noise and was more than satisfactory. The whole Madstad thing, along with it's adjustability, was just too intriguing to me. When I saw that I could have that setup with a black base and clear top, that's all it took for me to place the order.
    Thanks, I'm not going anywhere, I may be a baby, but I'm not a BIG baby. Just a little irked. Ok I'm over it.
    I am 5' 11", and have a long torso, so I guess sitting down on bike I sit about 6" 2". So far I have put baggershield 11" set at 12.5" on bike, which helped a little, next I put Mustang seat which lowers you 1", and I recently upgraded speakers to J and M. Each of these mods have helped a little more, Madstad should do the trick. Good luck w/yours. Jim