Matte Silver rattle can match ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matte Silver rattle can match ?

Matte Silver rattle can match ?

Wondering if anyone has found a readily available ( at DIY or auto parts store ) rattle can that closely resembles the Matte Silver paint ? I have a small part that I need to paint but doesn't need to a perfect match.

So far, I haven't seen any paint match for the Matte silver. I got a few spots that need a touch up, too. Not a big deal, tho, cause it still goes FAST!

ColorRite

ColorRite probably carries an exact match, but it is mail order, so not readily available. They have great OEM matching paint, but they're a bit pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    ... but they're a bit pricey.
    Exactly. Didn't want to shell out $40 for a rattle can. Had a quick look at Home Depot and couldn't find anything close. Will keep looking

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    Exactly. Didn't want to shell out $40 for a rattle can. Had a quick look at Home Depot and couldn't find anything close. Will keep looking
    Try Pep Boys if you have one in your area.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I think the dealer carry the small touch up bottles

But have never seen a touch up spray can there at all, but I am sure there are those out there that could match a color to what you need.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    My personal logic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    My time hunting for the non-matching paint and gas is much more valuable than $40

End result would be a MISMATCH that would annoy the heck out of me every time someone else noticed and pointed it out to me because I was too cheap to buy the correct paint worse yet, someone else assuming that the bike had been dropped or in a accident.

As F6Dave pointed out ... ColorRite is your best bet. I have purchased from them before with great satisfaction on the match. I had purchased Candy Black Cherry for a couple of Honda Runes. It will never look like the original paint but 95-99% close.

Splurge a little spend your $40 on the matching paint and enjoy your time riding instead of walking through paint stores that will never have automotive specifically Honda Motorcycle touch up paint.

Just my 2 cents take a look at the attachment with CORRECT paint codes.

http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    My personal logic.....

My time hunting for the non-matching paint and gas is much more valuable than $40

End result would be a MISMATCH that would annoy the heck out of me every time someone else noticed and pointed it out to me because I was too cheap to buy the correct paint worse yet, someone else assuming that the bike had been dropped or in a accident.

As F6Dave pointed out ... ColorRite is your best bet. I have purchased from them before with great satisfaction on the match. I had purchased Candy Black Cherry for a couple of Honda Runes. It will never look like the original paint but 95-99% close.

Splurge a little spend your $40 on the matching paint and enjoy your time riding instead of walking through paint stores that will never have automotive specifically Honda Motorcycle touch up paint.

Just my 2 cents take a look at the attachment with CORRECT paint codes.

http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm
    + 1 - I had great results with them also when I added hard saddle bags, chin scoop on a couple Yamahas I had. Not sure how the Matte color will match up, I'm sure it will be tricky no matter what.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Professional paint stores can often take a part that you take to them place in camera then make a spray can match

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    Professional paint stores can often take a part that you take to them place in camera then make a spray can match

NOT for $10, $20, $30 or even $40 .... Sherwin Williams and PPG will charge you much more pending on the complexity of the paint.

The OP is being "Thrifty" by asking for a "DIY or auto parts store", he's looking for a $12 rattle paint can. Home Depot is not a professional automotive paint store.
    Im not aware of any professional paint store that will create just 2-4 ounces of paint for a consumer, its just not economically worth while. The last time I purchased touch up paint from Sherwinn Williams Automotive ... It was a minimum of a Pint for alot more than $40

just saying ColorRite is very reasonable.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.