Goodbye to a great bike

Thread: Goodbye to a great bike

Goodbye to a great bike

Said good bye to my B yesterday after 65K. Retirement commences on Dec. 14th. My stable was made up of the B and my 97 Valk. Both great bikes but filled similar roles for me. With more time on my hands I decided to get something for trips. I decided not to go the 25k route so I settled on 2016 Audio Comfort Wing. It appears to be gently used with 25K on the clock. I’m already planning on a ride to Key West. I rode down there 25 years ago. Just seems like time to revisit. Thanks to everyone here who provided help when I needed it. Great place for information. I’m sure I will miss the B some but 2 bikes at a time has always been by max.
    Last edited by valkmc; 11-26-2022 at 06:07 AM.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.

Enjoy the new ride, post some pictures of the new bike if you get a chance

Good luck on the retirement, and the new bike, now you can hit Idaho and Hawaii and complete the 50.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Ironically, I was of the same mindset when I got rid of my 2014 Valk and looked for a bike that handled longer rides in more comfort. For me that turned out to be the B. Ride safely and in good health.

It's no surprise that so many of us have gone from a Valk to a B. I've usually had at least 2 bikes and my progression was from a Magna V-45 to a Magna V65, to the Valk and then my B. On the side as a second bike I had a Triumph America, Gold Wing, Harley Street Glide and Moto Guzzi . I'm now down to just the B, and it's by far the best bike I've ever owned.

I just came off of a exhilarating 42 mile ride today, @ 42 degree's. Nothing but smiles here. Hand grip heaters are wonderful, wind protection is more than adequate and of course, leathers help. Ain't getting rid of my F6B no time soon... and I'm getting dated. Not the bike.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Congrats on your new purchase. Having started with my VTX1300 to get acclimated with the street-cruise riding in 2012, it was a good start but in less than a year I moved to my 98 Valkyrie Tourer, Renegade. Love this bike and the looks. I even got an Attic Rat GLC update and loving it! Never will I get rid of Renegade but I added a Beautiful black Valk IS a year later then Stinger, my F6B deluxe after 7yrs. I've been so pleased w/ Stinger that I have NO interest in another bike at this time. I just got back from a short 700 mile trip on some COLD to me 40 degree mornings to help my mom move in Central GA taking Stinger. What a great bike and ride. I get plenty of compliments when on either bike but Stinger is tops for me.

ACA31E25-F713-4081-A818-1F623904F421.jpg

This is my most recent bike. Still getting use to the size and weight.. Rhode it from Daytona to Ocala today in a light rain. Great ride, Very smooth and good protection from the rain.
    Last edited by valkmc; 12-21-2022 at 12:13 AM.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.