Women Riders - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Women Riders

Nothing cooler than a lady rider with her own bike. Ride hard and have fun.

Women and motorcycles

All the gals I know that ride bikes are really great bikers. The more gal bike riders the better.

Two words: Very Cool!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    The more the merrier!

To those who would like the SO's to pilot their own,,, Ya need to tell them:

1. The view is a helluvalot better up front than in the back!
    2. You get to ride your own pace/direction.
    3. Way more reassuring/comforting with the handlebars/controls in your own hands.
    4. For many, it's also a sense of empowerment / accomplishment / increased self esteem when they become a rider.

Told my wife all that,,, over and over,,,

We'd go bike / helmet / accessory shopping. I'd always have her try 'em as well, and something that might be more her size/fit. (FIT is 100% critical when first-bike shopping !)

Finally, the one thing that tipped the scale was taking the MSF course together. The course finally gave her the 'I can do this' feeling that got her on her own set of 2 wheels.

That was 3 bikes ago. She hasn't ridden as a passenger since!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

Finally, the one thing that tipped the scale was taking the MSF course together. The course finally gave her the 'I can do this' feeling that got her on her own set of 2 wheels.

That's one of the top reasons why I'm involved in the MSF program.

I have owned 11 bikes over the past 36 years. Currently own 3. Most I have put on any single bike is 140,000 miles on my Gold Wing 1800. Been the safety officer and the tail gunner of a riding club for 15 years, mostly made up of men.

Yeah for women riders !!!!

I have some questions I would like to ask female riders of the F6B. I really think I would like to buy one, but I am not sure about a few things. Is it hard to back up? Is it hard to reach the handlebars? etc, etc

If any women have the time to discuss my concerns, please send me a private message.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

11206113_10205643438543761_2990808975745807864_n.jpg

Attachment 14921

My wife Kim with her F6B on the BRP a few weeks ago. Second pic is her with her 1998 Valkyrie Tourer that we traded in on her B.
    Her first bike was this 2005 Shadow Spirit 750. We traded both the 750 & the Valk for her F6B.
    Attachment 14922
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Speaking for my wife concerning the handling of the F6B...
    I wanted to get newer bikes mainly to ease my insurance & maintenance load {we had 4 }and Kim was starting to have minor issues with low speed handling of her Valk. The F6B was an immediate hit with me as short of a full boat GW it was the only bike out there that was an upgrade over a Valkyrie. Problem for Kim was the F6B is actually heavier than a Valkyrie Tourer so at first thought it wouldn't do. We considered the CTX1300 but the ergos were not all that great for her & the clutch pull was very heavy. Never considered any V-twin as she had been spoiled by the years of riding a F6 Valkyrie. We ended up getting a second F6B for her because when she got on mine it felt lighter & easier to maneuver at low speed than than the Valk despite being heavier. She has a 34" inseam so flat footing it was no problem but we still have to use our heads when parking so she won't have to back it uphill. The F6B rides like a lighter bike & is easier off the kickstand than most all other big bikes.
    Got her a Mustang seat, a Klockwerks w/s, Rivco highway pegs, Kury riser extensions, & she really digs the radio when we ride.

BTW, she is 5'9" and 52 years old. She has been riding her own bike since 2006.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    Speaking for my wife concerning the handling of the F6B...
    I wanted to get newer bikes mainly to ease my insurance & maintenance load {we had 4 }and Kim was starting to have minor issues with low speed handling of her Valk. The F6B was an immediate hit with me as short of a full boat GW it was the only bike out there that was an upgrade over a Valkyrie. Problem for Kim was the F6B is actually heavier than a Valkyrie Tourer so at first thought it wouldn't do. We considered the CTX1300 but the ergos were not all that great for her & the clutch pull was very heavy. Never considered any V-twin as she had been spoiled by the years of riding a F6 Valkyrie. We ended up getting a second F6B for her because when she got on mine it felt lighter & easier to maneuver at low speed than than the Valk despite being heavier. She has a 34" inseam so flat footing it was no problem but we still have to use our heads when parking so she won't have to back it uphill. The F6B rides like a lighter bike & is easier off the kickstand than most all other big bikes.
    Got her a Mustang seat, a Klockwerks w/s, Rivco highway pegs, Kury riser extensions, & she really digs the radio when we ride.

BTW, she is 5'9" and 52 years old. She has been riding her own bike since 2006.
    Thanks for all the information concerning your wive's handling of the F6B. Helps me not to worry about giving up the Gold Wing with reverse. I would like to know if the Mustang seat changed her seating position from stock? And since I am 5" shorter than her, do you think the Kury riser extensions be the best choice for me also? Appreciate any opinions.