I just dont know why - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just dont know why

He needs a second engine!

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Holy Mother Of Rock Concerts! Bringing back memories when I spent 45 minutes 2 feet from the speaker system of a Twisted Sister concert. beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e.
    Just to power that set of speakers, probably blows his hair forward when that is turned up to a respectable volume.

Could it help in braking? Does gas mileage suffer? What is the drag coefficient when the speakers are turned up?

All in fun. To each their own.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Over many years I have owned many Goldwings.
    1975 1000 with full Vetter gear.Wish I still had this bike.
    1978 with Vetter gear.
    1981 full dress from Honda.
    1985 Aspencade-loved this one till the 1500 got introduced.
    1989 1500 all the bells and whistles
    1993 white 1500 great ride.
    Being that I am a big boy when the 1800 Goldwing came out I just did not like my fit in the cockpit.Way to cramped and I rode the wheels off my last 1500.So long story short a lot of us love the F6B because it fits us better.If a full dress Goldwing had the room I would have bought one years ago.So while I have put a rack on my F6B a trunk would be nice if removable.Just have not seen any here that I like the look of.If Honda were to make this a option I would be very interested in it.

For me I like the "sporty" aspect of the F6 and it still being based on the Wing platform. However,... if I want my wife to ride along then the trunk/backrest is a MUST. Would a Wing deliver that, yes but not as sporty as the F6 and since she goes along very few times I have what I want and she can be made happy in about 12 minutes with the trunk kit I designed. I'm sure Honda sees no reason to build a kit but if they did I would have bought one for sure.....
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Sure, that's what I do. I have a Kury Grand Traveler and another bag I use that is actually a tool box when I'm just going for a couple nights (riding by myself).
    However, I am not questioning why some would choose a different option. I can understand possibly putting a trunk on. I myself have considered it, but I'd be leaning towards something like this for obvious reasons. At least obvious reasons to me.

Attachment 24424
    Someone actually did this?

All of us Valkyrie riders remember the "SUPERVALK" conversion of the Interstate model. Having the ability to remove the rear trunk from the Valkyrie Interstate was nice. I never did with mine, but, it was possible. The wife did ride with me from time to time, but not anymore.

So, I'm glad I got the F6B in stead the Goldwing. I don't need a trunk.

To answer the original question. Let's face it Honda's marketing department is the worst.

They blew the whole F6 project with their lack of promotions. They took a full Goldwing and removed a lot of expensive features but did not reduce the MFG. price accordingly. I know I sat on the bike I eventually bought for 2 years every time I was at the dealership buying parts for my other bike. I liked it!! But I would not buy it because of the price tag listing the bike at $22 K. I knew For a couple of grand more I could buy a full wing with a realistic windshield and all the other features.
    But I really didn't want a fully loaded cruiser. I wanted a sportier bike like the F6. The F6 was definitely the answer but I knew the price for what I would be getting made it a deal killer. Finally after two years of regularly sitting on the bike the salesman came over to me one day to tell me he could make a deal despite the original price tag that was still on the bike. I signed the paper within that hour.

Like turned to love! As many of you have found once you rode it you realized it's the best bike available especially for the price we were able to get them at. Now they've depleted most of their old inventory and the price is slowly going up on the new models but that's OK if they keep it within reason. The bike's getting to be known but they're still not promoting it. Instead they're allowing rumors that they are going to discontinue the B to persist.

If they had a good marketing dept. they would not only kill those rumors but they would come out with a list of add on parts and conversions for the B.
    How many of you would buy a reasonably priced: 1/Reverse gear, 2/ a controllable electric windshield, 3/ canceling directional, 4/better seat, 5/ and yes even a removable box. Just to name a few goodies.

Then they could keep the basic price low and market the f6 as the bike you build to suite yourself as you like, when you like, and at your financial discretion. They could start a whole new profit center for themselves and a bonus for dealers doing installations.

HMMM maybe except for the basic price that's why Harley sells so many add on parts. There's profits in them thar ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    But they did.....it's called luggage. The OP never mentioned removable. It does seem like an inane question. I don't want to have to unbolt a fiberglass tub with my underwear and dancing shoes when I stop at the in-laws for the weekend. Just buy a Goldwing if you want the trunk.

I make sure I always wear my underwear and dancing shoes, so I don't have to unbolt the milk crate from my bike when I arrive at the in laws. Makes for a lot less explaining. JMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by dkooris View Post
    I make sure I always wear my underwear and dancing shoes, so I don't have to unbolt the milk crate from my bike when I arrive at the in laws. Makes for a lot less explaining. JMHO...
    Much easier to wear a kilt & combat boots and leave the in-laws guessing!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Kilt and Combat boots

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Much easier to wear a kilt & combat boots and leave the in-laws guessing!
    Yup, but it's tough to ride 'regimental'...!