TIRES TIRES TIRES - Page 18
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

When I was a young farm boy my first car was jacked up in back and had an implement tire on it, no body could figure out how a hay wagon could do a i legged burn out. Always had wide tires in back but ended up lowering things, might have been the influence of the Hispanic wife of (4) years, always loved the rumble of glass packs, my Warrior, a couple of bikes back, had a 280 on the back, I was poised to go and put a 23" or so on the front of my harley w/the needed rake and then I found the 6. Was all hot to get the ct and go w/an aftermarket exhaust, must be getting older, like the looks of a mc tire on a motorcycle and love to listen to my first ever radio on a bike.

And life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Interesting article. The Bruce Steever dude that calls himself a professional cracked me up. Professionals do not use foul language in a public forum, nor are they abusive in their conversations. He is a wanttabe.
    Yeah.. not sure if that was his finest hour. He seems to be a pretty good example of someone who is so anti-darksiding that they can't even recognize that there are some benefits. The darksiding that he did was 10 years ago, was for only a handful of miles, and gave no regard to finding the right air pressure.

I bet he doesn't believe in God or space aliens either

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I was in NC this past week with some of the FASTEST guys know to man on a Goldwing, Racecraft.....Only one had a MC tire...I can promice you...for a fact for me to TRY to stay with them would lead to my untimely death !!! Those guys are that good...not sure about the 43* lean angle...all I saw was sparkes leaving me in the dust!!!!! And yes I do have a heart condition !
    I have no doubt that a skilled rider can handle a darksided bike better than me on any MT... however... I still tend to believe that a MT would (or should) work better in the twisties.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I'm generally horizontal.

Got it mounted. Gonna add Ride On in the morning and try it out.

Attachment 9178

Keep us posted as to your DS Experience

Attachment 9180 Attachment 9181 Attachment 9182

Mounting on the bike was super easy. Literally took five minutes.

32 psi. First impression is it turns slower. Feels heavier. Instead of the bike feeling half its size it feels like you would think a bike this size would feel. I need more air though. It's a little squirrely out of a corner with hard throttle.

I like it! It's just a learning curve. For commuting it will be perfect and if I want to switch back to the MC tire it only takes a few minutes.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I have no doubt that a skilled rider can handle a darksided bike better than me on any MT... however... I still tend to believe that a MT would (or should) work better in the twisties.
    All I can say is Murgie is THE FASTEST person to ride a GW in the USA !!! Then again I am sure he would allow anyone to try and pass him as well.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Attachment 9180 Attachment 9181 Attachment 9182

32 psi. First impression is it turns slower. Feels heavier. Instead of the bike feeling half its size it feels like you would think a bike this size would feel. I need more air though. It's a little squirrely out of a corner with hard throttle.
    Go to 42psi and you will be "golden"! Looks like your tire is a General G-Max by its thread pattern

Cool

Bob, I run 32# in my Alpine and like they way it handles the Tail of the Gator.... Yes I have run the pressures up in the twistys but for normal driving 32# works out great...is the difference just the tire?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com