Kuryakyn LED rear lights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuryakyn LED rear lights

Kuryakyn LED rear lights

Has anyone installed the additional Kury rear LED lights? How have they held up? Any issues?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I have them. They really increase the visibility of your bike from behind, which is why I installed them. The only problem I have had is that half of the bottom light went out about four months after I installed them. The lights have a three-year guarantee, but they won't honor it without the receipt, so save the receipt. Once I produced mine, Kuryakyn sent me a replacement light.

Kuryakyn Rear LED Lights

I have had them on for almost a year and get a lot of comments. Also added saddlebag one. Brake and blinker and side running lights very visible. Tried to add photo but could drop and drug on iPad. Look at my pictures I posted before.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Has anyone installed the additional Kury rear LED lights? How have they held up? Any issues?
    We have had extremely good luck with those Rear LED Lights from Kuryakyn.
    Because of the paint scheme on my own bike I went a different route with lighting, but we have sold a lot of them with only positive feedback. They are very bright.
    We ourselves have not had any failures from our customers, only heard of one set failing. Should last the life of the bike.
    We have records of all invoices for the last 15 years in our accounting system, anyone purchasing from us does not need to worry about finding the receipt for warranty purposes if ever needed.

Not wanting to hijack, but if you have ever seen a Whelen TIR3 in place of the small reflector above the licence plate, you'd be amazed.
    No comparison, IMHO.

RickW I see you are in Madison. Do you have a store front or are you strictly internet sales?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Great lights, have had on for over 20 thousand miles, no problems. The only hassle was too buy the plug and play harness to make it work. At that time it was s 3 month backorder.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Not wanting to hijack, but if you have ever seen a Whelen TIR3 in place of the small reflector above the licence plate, you'd be amazed.
    No comparison, IMHO.
    +1 on that. I have the Kuryakyn lights and the emergency led instead of the reflector. The Kuryakyn are running lights and brake lights. The led flasher comes only as a brake light. The combination gives great visibility from behind the bike, especially when I hit the brakes.

Rear Lights

When I bought them one light was out but the vendor I purchased them from replaced them right away.
    A year later and no problems. May I suggest wiring them so you can use them as brake only when in heavy traffic for the strongest effect and then as running lights for the highway when braking is minimal.

Rear lights

Sorry, I did mean running and braking on the highway as opposed to off/on for braking only.
    Having that option is the way to go.