Ghost shifting issues and extended warranties on F6B

Thread: Ghost shifting issues and extended warranties on F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    By the sound of things, he's got experience and talent,,, Works on bikes for a living.

Just comes off as a bit 'different' some times when it comes to the GL forum. Poor guy gets hounded quite a bit, especially back when his PC didn't have spell check. (BAD speller!)

I'm in the Warranty business. I do not make a habit of buying any extended warranty. If it's a transferable warranty, and I think it will help resale, I might consider one, but as a rule, I don't buy them because I'm worried about repairs.

The Warranties our Company sells are not 'money-makers',,, We more or less 'break even', but we sell them because our Competitors sell them, and as a 'Sales Tool', it does give some folks 'peace of mind',,,

gonna wait

our dealer here in Barrie stated we could buy the extended warranty "any time" within the current warranty period. I like the idea of an extended warranty just for sh*ts and giggles. seems like whatever vehicle or bike I bought had some major issue 12 seconds after the factory warranty ended. I still have bruises on my arse from kicking myself when I didn't buy them. so i'll enjoy the Honda warranty for now and purchase the extended one a year or so before the Honda one runs out. I didn't feel like "financing" a warranty.

Ghost Shifts are hard to duplicate and only happen infrequently. With my 2012 full Wing, I could never get it to act up for the dealer and Honda, therefore, had no interest in repairing it. It is very troublesome when you have a bike that downshifts under power without any rider input. Thankfully, my F6B thus far is not "haunted". Having said that, the extended warranty might be as worthless as the original warranty if the problem cannot be diplicated by Honda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put 10K miles on a new 2013 in the first six weeks this fall and have had a few instances. Always thought my foot must have been resting on the shifter but now think not.

I had this problem at first but I think I was trying to shift that Goldwing transmission like the one in my Concours14. The kawasaki tranny is alot slicker and I could just flick the shifter without a problem. I have to be more deliberate with the F6B. Since I've stopped pretending the Honda was a sport bike, I've had no more problems.

I have personally met Greg and while he may be somewhat unique he appears to be a stand up guy, and from talking to him if I ever have a transmission or engine issue he will get the call. If I were him I wouldn't even be on the other forums! Every time he opens his mouth so to speak he gets beat to death for no reason.

I don't like to see the guy get beat up but there is a reason he gets it. What Scot mentioned above is true, and if Greg didn't get beat up there's no telling what sort of wild unsubstantiated claims he might make.