The end is near - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The end is near

I do not regret my decision to buy the F6B at all. It is the best bike make for what I like to do which is ride it. It is great for almost all types of riding and is very comfortable. I have not found a better bike at any price.

I ride my bike almost every day and only clean it about once a month. Bikes are meant to ride and enjoy not keep spotless and show off.

I don't plan on letting some other guy ride my bike or my wife. I keep my rides for life if at all possible.
    I have loved my 1981 CB750K for 35 years and my wife for 30 years.

Steve

I'm here Shooter, had to go to Walmart my favorite store (not). I not happy with the paint either I gave up trying to keep it nice 6 months ago. I will spend $1500 to get it painted in couple years. If the paint is my only complaint, then I've been done complaining 6 months ago.

I knew when I bought my 2015 from my local dealer that the F6B hadn't been big sellers and would probably not hold it's value very well but I did not care. I knew I liked it and wanted one. I am enjoying it and am glad I got it. what it is worth to someone else does not matter.

shooter
    Steve I love it when a guy is as passionate about his wife as he is his bike.

I wasn't happy with the paint until I put Glare Polish on it last Apirl my black paint now looks better than great. It cost about $100 but worth it. Call them up and they will tell you what you need.
    http://www.glare.com/products
    Most of my new bikes from Honda including my F6B, I bought have been leftovers with big discounts. So I very happy with my bike.

my 2cents

@OP
    A motorcycle is essentially for entertainment and or sport, and not a primary vehicle. As such it should be purchased with disposable income. A motorcycle, unless it's an antique or classic should not be used as an investment or hedge against inflation. As funny as this sounds it'll only depreciate once you sell it.

So as others have said in not so many words - bikes especially the F6B, are for riding not cleaning. Something to think about before you throw good money after bad...

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    @OP
    A motorcycle is essentially for entertainment and or sport, and not a primary vehicle. As such it should be purchased with disposable income. A motorcycle, unless it's an antique or classic should not be used as an investment or hedge against inflation. As funny as this sounds it'll only depreciate once you sell it.

So as others have said in not so many words - bikes especially the F6B, are for riding not cleaning. Something to think about before you throw good money after bad...

Best of luck.
    So true. And this is how I regard my motorcycle(s).

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Phew. I am glad people are finally saying that bikes are meant for riding, not shining. Mine is in the garage right now, with bugs on it, some road dust here and there, and some spray from the time I got it caught in the rain a week ago. I haven't washed it, and plan on riding it back and forth to work all week.

Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me for not spending 20 hours per week washing, polishing, waxing, etc., based on what others seem to say/do.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Phew. I am glad people are finally saying that bikes are meant for riding, not shining. Mine is in the garage right now, with bugs on it, some road dust here and there, and some spray from the time I got it caught in the rain a week ago. I haven't washed it, and plan on riding it back and forth to work all week.

Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me for not spending 20 hours per week washing, polishing, waxing, etc., based on what others seem to say/do.
    Nope. Not at all. You are actually with the "silent majority"...

...meaning those whom have ultimately grasped the pure essence of riding a motorcycle. Cleaning it is an afterthought.

Now for those whom ride their "princess ponies"...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

2013 Deluxe Kelly Blue book, $14,480. Replacement value judged by State Farm vea what bikes are really selling for in my market. Seems the people that sold there bikes didn't ride them. My 2013 F6B should of only had 14,000 miles, not 34,495 miles.😧 pay out was $11,575. DONT total your ride. I went up used, one year to get my 2014 yellow deluxe. Let's just say that it was a very expencive experience.