Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
There are dozens and dozens of yard signs around my area "Look Twice - Save a Life" and similar. I have one in my yard. Not that they change behavior in isolation, but with so many, one can hope that some folks are seeing them and looking/thinking twice.

NYS DMV runs some TV commercials, too, telling drivers to look out for motorcycles.

Glad you are okay. An old cager like that just as easily could have done that to you in your car. The bottom line is, you reacted appropriately and that's the reason you never hit the ground.

In my opinion, the fact that you are on this forum talking about what happened means what you did was effective.

True confession...I've been the guilty cager more than once. I never knew what "look twice" meant- thought it was like "be careful" NO it LITERALLY means LOOK TWICE!!! It is NOW my standard routine at intersections...look left, right, left AGAIN and right AGAIN. When I realized that just because I ride, it doesn't mean I'm a better car driver, I worked on my driving awareness . I also had a bit more empathy with an occasional driver error. My rage at some asshole could be just as dangerous as some asshole!!