Not many exhaust options for us right now...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not many exhaust options for us right now......

Mine are the King Snake model. That is how they came. I actually would have preferred them to be about an inch shorter but have learned now that I like them sticking out the back. This is the model my dealer had in stock. I love the quality and sound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I contacted Jimmy of Torq Masters. Wanted to order a set of pipes from to and have him send the pipes to my freight forwarder in California. Unfortunately for some reason, he doesn't ship to California so my only option is to wait for the Cobras! Would have loved a set of black chrome pipes for my bike.

Pipes

Amen brother you are dead on as far as my thoughts. Today I would do the black Torqmasters but I will wait a little longer. I don't want LOUD but I want to hear the power roll off. Like you I'm anxious for feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I love the Vance & Hines LOOK and the SOUND is incredible but only come in chrome no other finish and almost $900!!! If it came in black they would be on the way to my garage already.

Torq Masters look pretty good, sound decent, and a little cheaper than the V&H but I don't want any down time sending my shields to them for plating in black (how much to do this)? I read they can make them quitter or louder depending on personal preference?

Not sure I like the look of the new Cobra's although the more I have looked at them the more they are growing on me. They are a little quiet from I understand and if you get them in black you are on your own for getting the front shield coated. Don't really like the styling of the other Cobra pipes for this bike.

Rush exhaust doesn't really have the aggressive tone I like.

Are there any other options?

I will most likely have to wait until winter so I can send the shields away with no down time to get the all black look.........any opinions would be helpful. Thanks......Giddy

Really happy with Rush system, and the mellow sounds is perfect...............meets the approval of all at biker stops. Can't beat the price. There are some good clips on youtube.

Jimmy at Torq Master said you can adjust the baffle for a more quiet tone or just add the silincer baffle for a quieter tone.Told me if I wanted it louder
    to call him and he would tell me how to adjust baffle to make it louder.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I have my Torq masters on the way now in black chrome with matching front shields. I am going against the grain here as far as volume....I told him the sound I wanted was a loud pissed off Ferrari...he laughed and said no problem! Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I have my Torq masters on the way now in black chrome with matching front shields. I am going against the grain here as far as volume....I told him the sound I wanted was a loud pissed off Ferrari...he laughed and said no problem! Can't wait.
    This is how my pipes sound now and it only cost me $6.00

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    This is how my pipes sound now and it only cost me $6.00

"This is how my pipes sound"? You only posted pictures??? Post a sound clip so we can hear!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Go Big or go Home!!!

Those sound badazz! I hope my exhaust has that nice throaty rumble like your pipes do. It's too bad that everyone behind us enjoys the sound more than we do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2eg1k7r-oA