Ultimate Mid rider seat question

Thread: Ultimate Mid rider seat question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The more I think about this, the more I think that I can continue with the OEM seat with my AirHawk pad. I can go many miles with that combo and if I want a change in pressure points, I can just pull my home made bead rider out of the saddle bag and use that for awhile. My elbow bend is perfect for me with the OEM seat and I don't want to spend a bunch of $$ just to mess it up. Another one I have considered is a modification done by Mean City Cycles. Theirs look pretty nice too with more choices and they say they can maintain your seating position. Plus, they are WAY less money if that is a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    The more I think about this, the more I think that I can continue with the OEM seat with my AirHawk pad. I can go many miles with that combo and if I want a change in pressure points, I can just pull my home made bead rider out of the saddle bag and use that for awhile. My elbow bend is perfect for me with the OEM seat and I don't want to spend a bunch of $$ just to mess it up. Another one I have considered is a modification done by Mean City Cycles. Theirs look pretty nice too with more choices and they say they can maintain your seating position. Plus, they are WAY less money if that is a factor.
    Ya.. I bought one of those Alaskan sheepskin buttpads from Alaskan Leathers... but haven't used it yet on a trip.

Since I am planning to keep this bike for a long time (this time) I'd like to get a better seat for the duration of ownership though.

Have been looking at Mean City Cycles and the reviews on the web. Some like what has been done to their stock seat (other than F6B's) and some still say they'll get butt burn after awhile still, with the modification

Just seems easier to go with the Ultimate... if it doesn't work out... can send it back for a full refund (minus shipping) but would really like to get the correct model seat the first time around.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Sounds like you should head to FL when the weather gets better and try them out at there store.Good excuse for a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Sounds like you should head to FL when the weather gets better and try them out at there store.Good excuse for a trip.
    Cheaper and quicker; if someone would post a side view picture of the Ultimate Mid rider seat, together with the OEM seat.

Just need to get a good visual; on how different the seam measures between the two seats.

Of course I could wait until the F6B rally down in Russellville, but my butt would be sore by the time I got there...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Sent a note to Ultimate seats... hopefully they will respond.

Hello, I have a question about your F6B Midrider seat. According to your website; it says that it will push me up a little more forward than the stock seat. I need to know how much it will push me forward since I already am comfortable (position wise) on my stock seat. Can you give me the measurement in inches; from the front of the seat to where the drivers seat area ends?

I am 5'10" and about 235 pounds, with a 30" inseam. According to your website it states that my measurements are appropriate for the Midrider, but others on the HondaF6B.com message board whom have almost similar measurements; have stated that they have and like the King seat.

I want to order a seat from you; but do not want to go through the hassles of returning it; if it is not "right" for me due to these general statements describing "slightly move forward" (Midrider seat) -or- "It will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars and cowling than our Midrider seat" (King seat).

From what is immediately described above; can it be assumed that the King seat is the same as the OEM F6B seat, as far as rider position?

Thanks

-Will

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Sent a note to Ultimate seats... hopefully they will respond.

Hello, I have a question about your F6B Midrider seat. According to your website; it says that it will push me up a little more forward than the stock seat. I need to know how much it will push me forward since I already am comfortable (position wise) on my stock seat. Can you give me the measurement in inches; from the front of the seat to where the drivers seat area ends?

I am 5'10" and about 235 pounds, with a 30" inseam. According to your website it states that my measurements are appropriate for the Midrider, but others on the HondaF6B.com message board whom have almost similar measurements; have stated that they have and like the King seat.

I want to order a seat from you; but do not want to go through the hassles of returning it; if it is not "right" for me due to these general statements describing "slightly move forward" (Midrider seat) -or- "It will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars and cowling than our Midrider seat" (King seat).

From what is immediately described above; can it be assumed that the King seat is the same as the OEM F6B seat, as far as rider position?

Thanks

-Will
    Hey Will,
    I live in Fredericksburg, Va I have the King seat. If you want to meet up so you could get a feel for the seat on the same bike you have; I am willing to help!

Just let me know!!!
    2004 R6
    2006 Black Ducati 749s
    2007 Special Edition ZX-14
    2009 HD V-Rod Night Rod
    2013 Honda F6B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cwjj2001 View Post
    Hey Will,
    I live in Fredericksburg, Va I have the King seat. If you want to meet up so you could get a feel for the seat on the same bike you have; I am willing to help!

Just let me know!!!
    Thanks! I may take you up on that later on... appreciate it

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537