LED Rectangular Lower Fog Light Kit Update - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: LED Rectangular Lower Fog Light Kit Update

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    We just forwarded your email to Big Bike Parts and should be able to get this taken care of tomorrow.
    Sorry for the problem.
    Teresa
    Value-Accessories
    Update on my experience. Recieved my second light in short order and did a quick trouble shoot on everything. a) yes the first one was bad, (one of the two lites in the fixture was still bad). b) checked that the other lite was working fine, and then hooked it up to the right side wiring harness, worked fine. c) checked the new lite on both sides, worked fine. d) installed the new lite and put everthing back together, still worked fine. e) took a ride and the replacement lite failed the same way as the first.

Talked to the folks at Value-Accessories and they said that they had a few other failures on the right side similar to me. They are taking care of things, sending me a new back to replace the faulty replacement. Should be here in a few days. I will let ya'll know how that goes, shouldn't be a problem, just a pain to have to do three installs to get a working set. I'm not upset, it's just my luck that I would get two of the bad ones out of the batch.

My impressions of the lights are as follows.
    1) They certainly increase visibility to the cagers in daylight
    2) They look great on the bike
    3) Install was straightforward, not difficult at all, with clear instructions, and normal tupperware issues.
    4) Hardware seems to be of high quality, except for my issue, that according to the folks at Value Accessories is not widespread
    5) The lights do not seem to increase the night time visibility from the pilots seat very much with the stock headlights. At this point I have not tried to adjust the fogs from the settings that they came with. It is possible that they are aimed too high and just get lost in the stock headlight pattern and color. Once I get a complete working set I will play a little and see if it makes a difference. But at this point I was hoping for a little more.

Look at the bright side...you will be able to give Fla_Rider lessons on the cowling install !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Traditionally, fogs serve a different purpose than driving lights; they're meant to have a wide throw to be used for low speed driving in inclement weather. Bulbs are different, reflector design is different; if you look at some fog bulbs they even have an opaque cap on the end of the bulb which limits the forward throw.

I wouldn't expect these to overpower the headlights, but they should supplement road coverage; headlights will light up the road long and forward of the bike, these should light up the road short and sideways of the bike... in addition to providing better noticeability in the daytime.

Just adding perspective in case some are expecting these to be driving lights.

My view on the LED Rectangular Lower Fog Light Kit
    Awesome Fit!
    Excellent Install.
    I hooked up controlled by switch.
    Having Dark tint 15" Madstad windshield.
    Without fogs sight up to 5 to 7 feet in front of bike was nearly impossible to see at night.
    With fogs brightens that and farther, was hoping for a wider spread being fogs. may try adjusting height some what,but they help. Just could be better. Will report foggy conditions that they should help a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good point '8', may have to adjust my expectations a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sabre85 View Post
    Good point '8', may have to adjust my expectations a bit.

We have had a couple of right side led light failures from the fairly large amount that we have sent out.

Show Chrome has had a few failures of the 400 that have been sold so far. They have done a lot of testing and have isolated the problem to the right side led light only. This is only on a very small amount of them. From testing it has shown that if yours are effected they will stop working almost immediately or within an hour or so. They do have a fix in the works that is very easy for anyone that has received these and encounters this problem. Again this is very isolated, about 3 to 4%.
    If you do have questions give Brandon at Big Bike Parts a call at 800-826-2411.
    Below is a portion of the correspondence with them.
    Rick
    Value-Accessories

"Big Bike PartsŪ has been troubleshooting with select dealers and customers that have experienced the right side of their new rectangular LED Fog lights, BBP # 52-906, dimming out after usage on some kits. Our research has identified a bad IC driver chip may be present in some units, which are causing this particular issue. Not all units are affected and we are in the process of identifying which production batches and IC driver chips maybe faulty so we can implement a permanent solution to replace those affected.

We are expecting a solution over the next several days, at which time we will produce the necessary replacement components and expedite delivery. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or our customers, but are acting as quickly as possible to identify and correct this issue."

UPDATE 5/25

Finally got the replacement of the replacement of the replacement lights this past week. Installed again yesterday, Nascar pit crew would be proud. Everything seems to work. Got a personal phone call from Brandon at big bike parts today to ask about the lights and the install, he has been great. He said that the problem was very limited and surprising due to the fact that the parts and housing has been used for some time with no issues. He asked that I give him an update over the next month or so. I will update here if there are any more issues. I'm glad that the 6 no longer looks like an old lady that's missing teeth,

I hope this issue and fix have
    run their course before they ship mine.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    I hope this issue and fix have
    run their course before they ship mine.
    J

You are not going to have a problem. All of the new units are going to have a slightly different IC driver board. Because of this our shipment that was supposed to be here the first of June has now been pushed back to the end of June. Big Bike Parts does not want to take a chance on this happening again, so they made a change.
    We have a lot of people waiting, all have been contacted as best as we could.
    We also have people for the new Valkyrie purchasing these, evidently they work in those also.

Rick