Led extra brake light

Thread: Led extra brake light

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Relocating the reflector....

I remounted my reflector under the license plate when I put a Whelen TIR3 where that reflector was.
    Reflectors ARE required on the sides and in the back in all states as a safety item in case you have an electrical failure at night.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Reflectors ARE required on the sides and in the back in all states as a safety item in case you have an electrical failure at night.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    NOT THAT I'M ARGUING...But...In Texas...I've never had an inspection problem with a missing reflector on a motorcycle. On my VTX, the front fork reflectors had fallen off and the rear license plate reflectors where removed a long time ago.

I would agree with Steve/53Driver that reflectors are required but our lax inspectors don't look for reflectors.

I also did a search for
    Whelen TIR3 and found them HERE.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Relocating the reflector....

I remounted my reflector under the license plate when I put a Whelen TIR3 where that reflector was.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    I followed your lead on the reflector idea, after I took mine off I found out it will fail inspection. Thanks for the idea.