Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
Remember some of the custom bike makers? Big Dog comes to mind. Some of the so called fat "motorcycle" tires they put on these bikes looked like they belonged on a Mack truck. I rode a former neighbors bike and couldn't turn the thing. url]
Yep, and those big fat rear MC tires affect the geometry of a bike in the corners much the same way as a CT does.

Once you wrap your mind around 'why' the bike handles different with a CT, the changes in geometry, the under-steer it creates, eh, well they don't look so 'appealing' after all. Of course, if you drive in a straight line most of the time, you'll might not mind the trade-off.

Draggin pegs more, wearing out front tires quicker than before,,,, Some say this is '100% proof' they are going faster,,,

Uh, if you REALLY think that's the 'cause/effect', more power to ya!!!.

I've said it 100 times, I never knew how much I missed a MT till I went back to one.

I really don't care about the cost/mileage. (Over $1200 for 4 tires on my RAM that should last 60k+,,, About the same as 2 tires totaling $320 lasting for ~15k~)

I understand the difference in sidewall/tire construction, and why the cushy ride isn't there, but that same difference provides a 'surgical precision' in cornering that can't be beat.

But hey,,, everyone can equip their bike as they want.