Is It The Tire or the Pressure - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is It The Tire or the Pressure

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Okay, I would be remiss in not reminding you that the MAX COLD INFLATION PRESSURE on the OEM Bridgestones is 41psi.

Capacities and Construction:
    Load Capacity/Inflation Pressure: 825 lbs./41 PSI
    Load Range: B
    Bias or Radial Ply: Radial
    Tread Plies/Material: 4 Nylon/2 Aramid
    Sidewall Plies/Material: 3 Nylon
    DOT Approved for Road Use: Yes
    Tube or Tubeless: Tubeless-Can be used with a tube

There. Just the facts.
    Please carry on...
    SEE!!! He wonders why I kick him all the time.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Starting to turn into oil thread
    Will , I run the winter air in the summer cause it keeps my tires cooler. If I have a big load on I run helium for a little lift.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Will , I run the winter air in the summer cause it keeps my tires cooler. If I have a big load on I run helium for a little lift.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Starting to turn into oil thread
    Sure sounds like it, Will.
    Just for giggles, I went looked at mine today and it's showing some "chicken stripping" too with just over 4K on em.
    Once it's shot & ready to be replaced, I'll probably dark side it with a Bridgestone Driveguard.

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Sure sounds like it, Will.
    Just for giggles, I went looked at mine today and it's showing some "chicken stripping" too with just over 4K on em.
    Once it's shot & ready to be replaced, I'll probably dark side it with a Bridgestone Driveguard.
    Ya... this is a heavy bike. My rear "stone" has almost 5K on it as well and it is developing a flat spot across the tread. Am not surprised. I have had many bikes and they all do it to a point. The center line of a M/C tire on a heavy road bike is always going to wear more.... that's why we sport those chicken strips on the outside...except for those of us whom ain't chicken

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Oh and dog , if a car tire wears in the center its because you have too much air in it. If its under inflated you will wear the inside and outside edges.

My bad!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Oh and dog , if a car tire wears in the center its because you have too much air in it. If its under inflated you will wear the inside and outside edges.
    You are again correct Shooter, so where does that put us on the motorcycle tire, how about change it when it wears out right! I know you guys love those car tires but I just can't get my head around the fact that a car tire was never meant to roll up on its edges. Where a motorcycle tire excels at that very thing. I will try the more air thing for a while and if it doesn't work then I will switch and try a different tire, probably an Elite 4 Dunlop.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    You are again correct Shooter, so where does that put us on the motorcycle tire, how about change it when it wears out right! I know you guys love those car tires but I just can't get my head around the fact that a car tire was never meant to roll up on its edges. Where a motorcycle tire excels at that very thing. I will try the more air thing for a while and if it doesn't work then I will switch and try a different tire, probably an Elite 4 Dunlop.
    As someone stated here awhile back: "You can put Craftsman work boots on a 'heavy' ballerina and yeah, they'll last longer, but the girl just isn't going to dance the same way."
    No, I've never tried DS.
    Someday, maybe the Harley.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

As someone stated here awhile back: "You can put Craftsman work boots on a 'heavy' ballerina and yeah, they'll last longer, but the girl just isn't going to dance the same way."
    No, I've never tried DS.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    The F6B is pretty nimble on the CT I have. At times I ride a lot more aggressively than I should, and the handling seems the same, and "maybe" requiring a little more on the handlebars to start in to a turn. But once there, it feels the same. The bike will stand up a lot quicker and with more authority, which i see as a large plus.

YMMV

shooter
    No, I've never tried DS.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    That may be a true statement. I also know that you can put Usain Bolt in a combat boot and he can still outrun everybody else. I can tell you this. I can only say this for the Michelin Alpin. I could put that on your bike and I don't think that you could tell unless you looked. If you had absolutely no inkling then you wouldn't look.