Some pics of my painted bike...well sort of - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some pics of my painted bike...well sort of

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Hey, that's cheating! I had to try to remember how to put it all back together when I painted mine. What a royal pain in the rear.

Glad I did it, but don't want to do it again any time soon. More parts than I would have ever thought I would be painting and working with.

But again, the results were worth it, I am sure you will be much happier with better paint and a better looking bike.
    This bike is brand new to me, in a year I will know every inch of it but not the case yet. I have always done all my own work on my bikes, mods, maintenance, taking it apart and rebuilding for paint jobs, etc. The dealer convinced me to let them do the break down and rebuild and I'm glad he did. I asked a couple guys on the other Wing board and they told me in all it would be about 40 pieces all together that I would have to take off for paint. It ended up being 82 because I wanted everything possible painted for an exact match. They said it will be done in the morning, I hope to pick it up Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    It's a flat black paint with a matte clear coat. I didn't want a total flat look but also didn't want it too glossy. It has a slight satin look to it, it's exactly the result I was looking for. It came out perfect for me.
    Love the look! It should be a "standout" when you are finished I hope you'll post pics after the bike is fully re-assembled.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    looking good,

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Oh boy......it begins!!!!!

Nice!!!!

Looking really good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

Seeing your bike on the lift all apart looks like mine all apart.I am waiting for my parts to come back from the Hydro-dipper.Hopefully very soon
    Ride it like you stole it