Best Recurve Windshield????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Recurve Windshield?????

Thanks for all of the review, definitely gives me something to think about for sure. Thats interesting what was said about the klock works windshield that I didn't really anticipate. Wouldn't it be nice to just be able to try a bunch???? lol

So no reviews on the taka huh? read some reviews on the gl1800 some good and some really bad but just wondering.

One thing I can say about the clearview is that the re-curve is there I supposed but not as pronounced as the kw or taka. Keep the reviews coming!!!!!

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Hey there Mr. Fashionista, check out the vented VStreams from National Cycle. They seem to get good reviews.

HTH

http://wingstuff.com/products/24215-...eld-for-gl1800

So do you have the windshield for the f6b or for the regular wing and what size? I was looking for one with a vent if possible and I dont really see the option for a vent with the f6b windshield only the standard wing vstream

Quote Originally Posted by blueverclear View Post
    So do you have the windshield for the f6b or for the regular wing and what size? I was looking for one with a vent if possible and I dont really see the option for a vent with the f6b windshield only the standard wing vstream
    Hi Grant,

I have the waaaaay too ugly 15" MadStad pictured here: http://shop.rockstorephotos.com/p737...23d5#h7c4623d5

I haven't tried the VStream, just know it is one of the recurves and has received good reviews. You maybe able to install the full wing version on the F6B. I know others have installed full wing shields on the B.

Also, FWIW, Klock Werks makes a 16" for the B and they also have full wing versions that may fit the B. I don't think anyone here has reviewed the 16" B version.

Quote Originally Posted by blueverclear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Hi Grant,

I have the waaaaay too ugly 15" MadStad pictured here: http://shop.rockstorephotos.com/p737...23d5#h7c4623d5

I haven't tried the VStream, just know it is one of the recurves and has received good reviews. You maybe able to install the full wing version on the F6B. I know others have installed full wing shields on the B.

Also, FWIW, Klock Werks makes a 16" for the B and they also have full wing versions that may fit the B. I don't think anyone here has reviewed the 16" B version.
    Yes, this has been done. I like it a lot:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...hlight=Vstream

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Can't take it from you guys any longer. Broke down this afternoon and placed an order for a Medium (14") Clearview Recurve with vent in Light Smoke.

For a couple months now I've been back and forth in my mind between the Clearview and the LRS Taka-S Recurve. Finally went with the Clearview as they claim to be thicker than OEM whereas LRS admits they are thinner. The LRS recurve appears more pronounced than the C/V (which I like)...but I fear for the LRS' ability to resist cracking and etc over time.

Can't wait. (Especially as I don't know how long I WILL be waiting. [sigh!] )

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Can't take it from you guys any longer. Broke down this afternoon and placed an order for a Medium (14") Clearview Recurve with vent in Light Smoke.

For a couple months now I've been back and forth in my mind between the Clearview and the LRS Taka-S Recurve. Finally went with the Clearview as they claim to be thicker than OEM whereas LRS admits they are thinner. The LRS recurve appears more pronounced than the C/V (which I like)...but I fear for the LRS' ability to resist cracking and etc over time.

....sT
    Just my humble offer of unsolicited advice for you... I am 5' 10" tall and I had ordered and received the "medium" Clearview recurve sport shield. I still get helmet buffeting at speed with it. I should've/would've/could've ordered the "large" shield instead....

With how measured Clearview is with their windshield creation process, you may be able to call them back Monday and ask them to change your order to a "large"....

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Just my humble offer of unsolicited advice for you... I am 5' 10" tall and I had ordered and received the "medium" Clearview recurve sport shield. I still get helmet buffeting at speed with it. I should've/would've/could've ordered the "large" shield instead....

With how measured Clearview is with their windshield creation process, you may be able to call them back Monday and ask them to change your order to a "large"....
    I second this.
    Albuquerque, NM

shooter

....sT
    Simon , did you order a Medium or a 14" which is a small. A Medium is 15 to 15.75 inches. I have a small which is a little too short but is a compromise for the hot weather. I'm 6'1" and I think a 16 inch would be about right.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Simon , did you order a Medium or a 14" which is a small. A Medium is 15 to 15.75 inches. I have a small which is a little too short but is a compromise for the hot weather. I'm 6'1" and I think a 16 inch would be about right.

Sorry about that...it was late and in some circles I am famous for typos. Ordered a medium (....15") Probably should have gone the Large route, but I just don't like the look of the longer shields. A little buffeting I am willing to put up with. I came to the F6 from an 1100 Katana...so Im really sort of accustomed to fighting the wind.

I am, however, wondering whether the vent was a mistake. Not sure how useful it is going to be.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Sorry about that...it was late and in some circles I am famous for typos. Ordered a medium (....15") Probably should have gone the Large route, but I just don't like the look of the longer shields. A little buffeting I am willing to put up with. I came to the F6 from an 1100 Katana...so Im really sort of accustomed to fighting the wind.

I am, however, wondering whether the vent was a mistake. Not sure how useful it is going to be.

....sT
    It helps in the summer... at least on my medium recurve. You can definitely feel the air coming from it as it hits your torso.

Look at post #9 above for for Fla_rider's pictures... he has a large Clearview Sport touring and it doesn't seem to be very tall; as compared to the medium. It's only an inch difference... more so if you raise it up further in regard to the range of adjustment built into it.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537