Quote Originally Posted by Flhfxd View Post
I've never ridden one of these yet, but I hear the odd referral to a "drone"...... is it with stock or aftermarket exhaust set up?
For clarity, the drone we're discussing is a very resonant and annoying tone or hum. It's usually noticed more at certain speeds and especially when that speed is held constant for longer periods.

I'm not aware of any drone complaints with stock exhaust. That's not to say drone doesn't exist but it's masked by the muffler. When you install an aftermarket exhaust or slip-ons, the masking is greatly reduced and that's when drone complaints begin to surface. Also, wind noise can mask drone. The more wind noise, resulting either from windscreen or helmet design, the less you'll probably notice drone. Finally, a common "cure" for drone is the addition of Torq Loopz. As you may know, Loopz eliminate the catalytic converter and some associated piping. A common theory is that drone is generated in that area so perhaps eliminating that explains why Loopz help reduce or eliminate drone.