What Impressed you first - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Impressed you first

I was very familiar with the power and smoothness of the flat 6 engine from my Runes and Honda's reliability & gobs of torque from my VTX1800, but what really sold me was when I sat in the saddle and realized my knees did not hit the faring like they do on a GL1800 and with just a few mods, saddle & bars I could make it fit me quite well and take over the jobs I had been asking my X and Rune to do, thus allowing me to have my torque monster in the X, a show stopper in the Rune and the type of cruiser I wanted for touring of which I found a little of both in the F6B.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Like 53 it was that bullet shape. You just know it is a flyer. Like Bobby, I didn't bother with a test ride. I sat on her, raised my hands, closed my eyes and brought my hands down. They met the grips perfectly. That's my indicator of a great fitting bike. I did the same thing with my Yammy and it didn't disappoint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I bought mine without a test drive also, saw it, had to have it, bought it. The power and handling were better than I expected.

.... just hope I don't have the same thing happen when I see the BMW Concept 101 sitting in a dealer showroom.
    I also hope that the BMW Concept 101 does nothing for me if, and when, it comes to reality....Never had a BMW, but perhaps the future might change for me..It will take one "hell of a bike" though for me to trade my F6B on anything down the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I also hope that the BMW Concept 101 does nothing for me if, and when, it comes to reality....Never had a BMW, but perhaps the future might change for me..It will take one "hell of a bike" though for me to trade my F6B on anything down the road!!
    100%

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    My Fast Black F6B is a keeper.
    Wouldn't trade it for a BMW, but the Concept 101 would be a must have, just like the F6B. I've had more than one bike at a time, you can never have too many.
    If you bought the F6B, you can't really dislike the Concept 101.
    Some people here have shared their negative experiences with BMW, but I had a great run with a few R-80 / R100 bikes, one I rode for 29 years with nothing more than tires, batteries, and limited maintenance.

Style caught my eye...brought me over from the v-twin thumpers.....with the first ride the power and torque impressed me....then I was impressed by how smooth she is.....as I rode her more and more I am impressed with the range of the power band.....then after riding her for a while and getting on my wife's bike 800 boulevard I am extremely impressed with the handling.....I used to really throw her bike around after getting off my ultra classic but when getting off the f6 I feel like I'm just learning to ride again her bike now handles like a pig.
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Overall looks, that streamlined shape from the high front to the low back and the look of the engine with the rocker covers covering three pots each side.
    Love @ first sight i'm afraid, and haven't been disappointed. I much prefer the overall design and looks of the F6 to the new BM.

Chris

Just my view

first impression

What made the F6B feel so different to me was the low center of gravity. Moving the bike side to side on the show room floor and then repeating on the Vaquero (typical V-twin center of gravity) was like night and day. That combined with knowing I was going to a smooth torquey 6 cyclinder instead of a rumbling V-twin and I was sold.

fl1madmax

Old Harley Red Necks in Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    What made the F6B feel so different to me was the low center of gravity. Moving the bike side to side on the show room floor and then repeating on the Vaquero (typical V-twin center of gravity) was like night and day. That combined with knowing I was going to a smooth torquey 6 cyclinder instead of a rumbling V-twin and I was sold.
    I was heading Home after 2 weeks of Riding in Cleveland Ga. so many cool roads NE Ga. anyhow F6B was on trailer at gas station when these Two men pulled in , they couldn't stop looking at my F6B, they stopped alongside my scooter and just Stared. One got out and with the old Georgia Growl said
    What is that, I told him and he said with mouth full of Chew, Ya Know that's a Honda I could Swing my leg over !!!!!!
    I thought my Wife was going to spit out her coffee....... I guess ya had to be there !!!!!!! Ride Safe Ride Often !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I bought mine without a test drive also, saw it, had to have it, bought it. The power and handling were better than I expected.

.... just hope I don't have the same thing happen when I see the BMW Concept 101 sitting in a dealer showroom.
    I think the F6B looks just as good as the BMW Concept 101!!!

Steve

I will keep telling myself that because I don't have any payments to make on the F6B.
    I will go for a test ride as soon as they let me.