improvements
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: improvements

improvements

This is by far the best handling bike I've ever owned. I read that a CT will improve it, and a rear tire on the front will improve it some more. Plus I'm told that Progressive springs will vastly improve the bike. I'm also hearing that the Traxxon upgrade will be a world of difference in better handling for the bike and if doing the full monty which includes the rear also it will be like a new and better bike. So I'm thinking if doing all those things to an already fantastic bike will I now have basically a bike that is on par to a race bike in the way it handles? Oh yea I almost forgot the Helibars, another bike handling improvement.

Yes, the 6 ,is a really great bike. But let's not kid ourselves, it's not a race bike. For a big bike, it handles extremely well, but again, not on par with a race bike. There are currently, dozens of crotch rockets that will out perform the 6 as far as being on "par" with a race bike. I love my F6, but I also know it's limitations.

I agree that this is a really good handling bike for it's size, power and weight. I installed the Progressive monotubes and they did improve the ride and handling but IMHO saying a vast improvement is an over statement. I am not an aggressive rider and perhaps the more aggressive one rides the more the upgrade reveals the improvement. I am curious about how a CT improves handling. I can see how it lasts longer and give more traction on the flat straight roads, have not ridden with a CT but have been considering trying one.

You're correct, it's not a 400#-500# sport bike, not even close....................I tell people the B is like riding a 800# sport bike, very comfy & you can ride it for hours upon hours...….. not a sport bike...……… It's better, much better, in my opinion..

That was said somewhat tongue in cheek. The point being that a bike so good already and so many claims that make it better. :roll eyes: I tried the CT thing, no longer want one on any of my bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    That was said somewhat tongue in cheek. The point being that a bike so good already and so many claims that make it better. :roll eyes: I tried the CT thing, no longer want one on any of my bikes.
    Mikey - Isleen has the Full Monty. Come on up and give her a test ride. THEN you can show me those "rolling eyes."
    Car tire make it better? Oh hell no. Putting workbooks on a gymnast will make her shoes 'last longer' - but the girl just ain't gonna perform as well.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Plus one, Steve. I did the Traxion to the front end, and I love the way the big bike handles. But if I really feel like carving crazy, I will ride my Yamaha FZ 09. I would never ride the Yamaha for more than a couple hours, tho. Just aint that comfy!

You get what you got with only 4" of travel in the suspension. Not enough distance to properly dampen a 850# bike.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I figured it was tongue in cheek. Why would you care about handling in Florida? I heard there aren't any curvy roads there!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I figured it was tongue in cheek. Why would you care about handling in Florida? I heard there aren't any curvy roads there!
    Hi F6Dave

Oh we have plenty of turns here...getting on and off route 95! Yeah, my part of FL along the Treasure coast is a bit limited in twisties. �� Head north GA, SC, NC, etc. You got the twisties in your backyard, that's for sure.

WEG