Question for 1/2 and 3/4 helmet guys.

Thread: Question for 1/2 and 3/4 helmet guys.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    What is the safest 3/4 helmet that you can use sunglasses with?
    I love the feeling of my face in the wind with the 1/2 helmet / but I don't want to wear the 1/2 helmet not as safe

I have a Schuberth for full modular helmet / I love this when I have to use a full face in rain or extreme cold.
    I think I read somewhere that broken jaws are the most common injury in motorcycle crashes ... or was it broken ribs? Don't recall. Anyway, I would think any helmet minus a chin bar is not all that safe.

I have a Schuberth C3 Pro full-face modular as well ... I like my older one so much, I bought another - hi-viz E1. Super comfortable helmets. I wear mine year-round.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I think I read somewhere that broken jaws are the most common injury in motorcycle crashes ... or was it broken ribs? Don't recall. Anyway, I would think any helmet minus a chin bar is not all that safe.

I have a Schuberth C3 Pro full-face modular as well ... I like my older one so much, I bought another - hi-viz E1. Super comfortable helmets. I wear mine year-round.
    I'd be curious to know if there is significant safety advantage between half and 3/4 helmet. I don't believe there is. I believe my full faced Arai is much safer than my half helmet. If I'm going to skimp on safety, I'm keeping me ears and face in the breeze.
    I do wear my mesh always. Non-black mesh with shorts and t-shirt is quite comfortable. The mesh allows the breeze but the sun is blocked.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Have the same routine for the last 38 years.
    1/2 helmet with wayfarer sunglasses for the summer and short trips.
    3/4 helmet with wayfarer sunglasses for cool weather and long trips mainly to keep the wind noise out of my ears.
    Full face/modular for winter.
    Cheers

My problem is for selfish comfort and riding experience I seem to go with my damn 1/2 helmet wish is like no protection at all.
    I might as well be wearing shorts t-shirt and flip flops with no helmet. Or jeans wich are the same as shorts or naked acept for preventing mufler burn on your calf.
    stevenolts

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post

I think it's a Broken Heart if you smash up your bike....

Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post
    I think it's a Broken Heart if you smash up your bike....
    Not me, if I am unhurt / alive. Big insurance check = new Wing!!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6