PowerBall and Motorcycles - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PowerBall and Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    They added numbers to make the odds higher. Supposedly, the lower tier wins are easier.

say the picks before were from 1-62.....it may be 1-75....something like that
    I don't think that is quite correct. Yes the odds are 1 in 292 million, but it remains at those odds each drawing. It is true that before Oct 7th and the Game was adjusted, that the odds for the Jackpot used to be 1 in 175 million.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

shooter
    If I had that 600 million I would have an F6B for every day of the month. 29 black ones and one white one cause I'm not prejudiced.

If you take the up front payout, you will only pocket @ 25%, then you will be disappeared by your neighbors. It's just not worth the risk to you and your family. If you win, I can help you with that.

shooter
    Thanks man. Not many people would offer that. A true sacrifice for sure.

[QUOTE=Jimmytee;105943]I don't think that is quite correct. Yes the odds are 1 in 292 million, but it remains at those odds each drawing. It is true that before Oct 7th and the Game was adjusted, that the odds for the Jackpot used to be 1 in 175 million.[/QUOTE

Odds don't just increase on their own. On the first version of Powerball, the 1st 5 numbers were 1-45, with the Powerball numbers 1-45.
    Now, the 1st 5 numbers are 1-69, and the Powerball numbers are 1-26.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

[QUOTE=wjduke;105957]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I don't think that is quite correct. Yes the odds are 1 in 292 million, but it remains at those odds each drawing. It is true that before Oct 7th and the Game was adjusted, that the odds for the Jackpot used to be 1 in 175 million.[/QUOTE

Odds don't just increase on their own. On the first version of Powerball, the 1st 5 numbers were 1-45, with the Powerball numbers 1-45.
    Now, the 1st 5 numbers are 1-69, and the Powerball numbers are 1-26.
    I didn't say the odds increased on their own. They adjusted the game recently after Oct 27 th to supposedly increase your odds of winning the smaller prizes. ( you know where you match some of the numbers) but it increased the odds on matching all of the numbers. Yes this is done by increasing the number of white balls and decreasing the number of red balls. My point was that the Odds don't change after each drawing just because the jackpot increases. That , i thought, was the implied reasoning in the earlier posts and that is what I was referring to. Not when the Lottery makes scheduled and announced changes to the game. Up until Oct 27, 2015 the odds had been 1 in 175,000,000 of winning the jackpot. The odds didn't just increase latley because of the amount of the current jackpot.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

[QUOTE=Jimmytee;105958]
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post

I didn't say the odds increased on their own. They adjusted the game recently after Oct 27 th to supposedly increase your odds of winning the smaller prizes. ( you know where you match some of the numbers) but it increased the odds on matching all of the numbers. Yes this is done by increasing the number of white balls and decreasing the number of red balls. My point was that the Odds don't change after each drawing just because the jackpot increases. That , i thought, was the implied reasoning in the earlier posts and that is what I was referring to. Not when the Lottery makes scheduled and announced changes to the game. Up until Oct 27, 2015 the odds had been 1 in 175,000,000 of winning the jackpot. The odds didn't just increase latley because of the amount of the current jackpot.
    Ok, I saw it differently, my bad on that misunderstanding. You're correct on your point!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

death wish

Foolish me I bought 2 tickets, but I don't want to win! I don't want to die from a heart attack brought on by finding out I won!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Foolish me I bought 2 tickets, but I don't want to win! I don't want to die from a heart attack brought on by finding out I won!
    This could be a valid concern.

What is important as well; how do you act and what do you do immediately after finding out you won the sum?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537