Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    I even like to watch "Trailer Park Boys" filmed in Nova Scotia, Canada. It's funny as hell !! But, that's just me.
    Get it on Netflix. Crazy business !!
    I've watched every one of their episodes.
    They've got a new movie out called "Swear Net". Have you downloaded it? They play themselves in real life. Nothing to do with TPB. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    What came first, the chicken or the egg? Do guns cause crime or does crime manifest gun ownership?
    uh... I'm pretty sure that people killed other people thousands of years before guns were invented.

So to answer your question... crime came first. Crime will exist without the presence of guns. Always has. Always will.

The only question is... do you want to protect you and yours or dial 911 and hope for the best?

I hope your strategy works for you. There are a lot of dead victims that 911 didn't work out for. The police showed up in time to take a report, some pictures and lay out chalk outlines.

I've watched every one of their episodes.
    They've got a new movie out called "Swear Net". Have you downloaded it? They play themselves in real life. Nothing to do with TPB. Hilarious.
    I will have to check that out !
    Wife and I are up to #25 with 50 more to go right now.
    Don't want it to end. Bubbles is my man !!

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    uh... I'm pretty sure that people killed other people thousands of years before guns were invented.

So to answer your question... crime came first. Crime will exist without the presence of guns. Always has. Always will.
    You answered the question.
    Crime manifests the proliferation of handguns through fear-mongering.

Running out and buying handguns for fear of who's about to jack your car at the next traffic light, or who's lurking in the bushes behind your house at night waiting to break in, beat you, rape your wife and daughter, and then kill you will only add to more armed Americans. No wonder your police react with deadly hair-trigger (pun intended) response to any threat.

And you say you live in the greatest country in the world? Hmm, OK.
    Canada may not be the greatest country in the world, but I don't fear for my life at every sunset or every time I go for a ride or walk.

Limoles lives in a hotbed of urban mayhem; New JoyZee!
    I would think he's likely seen every type of potentially life threatening violence.

BTW, I like guns too. I have owned rifles and gone hunting.
    But handguns being owned and carried around by anyone scares the $hit out of me.

No Bird - During my past 30 years in here , I didn't see violent acts as much , as those who are acccustomed to it . But , having now a better picture of traditionally cherished mind set , ( which will never improve societal safety anyway ) , I might focus on voices providing a better solution protecting our children , which is hard to find among preachers talking to themselves . So , trying to convince anybody to think different is senseless . Let them be , what they want to be.

"It is difficult to free the dog from the chain he revere".
    Voltaire

Canada may not be the greatest country in the world, but I don't fear for my life at every sunset or every time I go for a ride or walk.

Cool. We are both happy.

I don't fear for my life at every sunset or every time I go for a ride or walk either, but then, I am a sheepdog. I hope your method of self defense serves you well, don't stray too far from the flock.

American Humor

You answered the question.
    Crime manifests the proliferation of handguns through fear-mongering.

Running out and buying handguns for fear of who's about to jack your car at the next traffic light, or who's lurking in the bushes behind your house at night waiting to break in, beat you, rape your wife and daughter, and then kill you will only add to more armed Americans. No wonder your police react with deadly hair-trigger (pun intended) response to any threat.

And you say you live in the greatest country in the world? Hmm, OK.
    So this guy is driving a little too fast down I-10 in far west Texas. An officer of the law pulls him over to inquire as to why he might be speeding. The guy hands the officer his license and concealed handgun permit (CHL), plus is insurance card. As is protocol, the cop asks whether this fellow is carrying, and if so what and where. The guy says he has a Glock 19 in a holster at 4 o'clock, Beretta Nano in his boot, two AR-15's and a Remington 870 tactical shotgun in his toolbox, and both his deer rifles behind the seat. The cop then asks what, exactly, the guy is so afraid of. Without hesitation, he responds: "Not a damned thing."

I have never purchased a weapon out of fear. I purchase weapons because the laws of my county, state, and country allow me to, and because I enjoy shooting them. I take full advantage of the laws of the state of Texas, and all that this entails. I take good care of each one, and all are strictly locked away so grandkids and burglars cannot get at them. The idea that we drive, ride, and walk around in fear looking to blast whatever jumps out from behind a bush is absurd and insulting. I think no less of people who do not agree with me on this. I think a lot less of people who are pricks about it. I think no less of people who don't like Texas or the USA. I think a lot less of people who are pricks about it. There are a lot of good places in this world to live, and I have enjoyed most all of them I have visited. The laws are different wherever I go, and so I respect them fully and sincerely. I travel to Mexico hunting when possible and I can say with certainty that all their laws are very strictly observed. We all have different backgrounds. We are all worthy of getting to know. If I were to visit Canada, for instance, I would learn in intimate detail of all laws, regulations and social customs affecting my stay, and I would observe them. Happily. The same applies to California, Nebraska, Montana, New Jersey, or anywhere else. And I'd make friends along the way, or make sure I tried.

Bill1584! Extremely well said! It's refreshing to read something so true, logical, and well thought out. At the root, this discussion is really about freedoms. We have lost some of our freedoms in recent years but we continue to struggle to keep the rest. Folks in many other countries have already lost most of their freedoms and seem resentful of the ones we have left. I get it. Like you, what I don't appreciate is those folks "running down" our freedoms as if they are something bad.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Bill1584! Extremely well said! It's refreshing to read something so true, logical, and well thought out. At the root, this discussion is really about freedoms. We have lost some of our freedoms in recent years but we continue to struggle to keep the rest. Folks in many other countries have already lost most of their freedoms and seem resentful of the ones we have left. I get it. Like you, what I don't appreciate is those folks "running down" our freedoms as if they are something bad.
    Nobody is "running down" your freedom , but in vigorously defending arguments , try to recognize few chapters of history , which gave you opportunities to enjoy it . Freedom has much larger meaning , than possession of the guns , which are not necessarily needed to be ... just free :

http://www.polishamericancenter.org/Kosciuszko.htm

http://whsjohnnygreen.org/news/2015/...rican-freedom/

http://gadabyte.com/ww-ii/poland.html

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    I hope your method of self defense serves you well, don't stray too far from the flock.
    No self defence needed. I live in Canada. The land of the meek and the home of the passive.