Top 3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 3

Top 3

Well howdy, 'not an F6B owner, yet, but I've been circling for awhile & the circles are getting tighter. Actually I've done a fair amount of cross-country travel by bike & I tend to notice
    that if you are going to come across another bike in the middle of nowhere it tends to be one
    of 3 types:
    1. Big Tiwns
    2. Boxers, or
    3. Wings
    Having tried the first two and walked away for various reasons, it's likely time to try the third.
    I have ridden Wings over the years, 'loved the engine, just never the seating position (too tight) or the passenger throne (wife not a fan of travel by bike). Whenever I sit on an F6B tho, it just always feels right, like left or right coast tomorrow right. Thus a few assumptions to vet with the high milers before I get into deep:
    1. range/safe 200+ mile range and on regular gas, right?
    2. maintenance/ change the oil around 8 (if not before), tires 10-12, rinse and repeat?
    3. heat/I've never really heard about anyone complaining about the heat on a Wing so
    I would expect that is true of F6B's as well, right?

'Glad to see they added back cruise in '15, 'wish they would add back reverse and ABS but then again, that's what I get for not imigrating to Australia twenty years ago......
    "some journeys continue long after movement in time & space have ceased"- Steinbeck

Yes Yes and Yes. I think you will find nothing but F6B love here.

Quote Originally Posted by rider33 View Post
    Well howdy, 'not an F6B owner, yet, but I've been circling for awhile & the circles are getting tighter. Actually I've done a fair amount of cross-country travel by bike & I tend to notice
    that if you are going to come across another bike in the middle of nowhere it tends to be one
    of 3 types:
    1. Big Tiwns
    2. Boxers, or
    3. Wings
    Having tried the first two and walked away for various reasons, it's likely time to try the third.
    I have ridden Wings over the years, 'loved the engine, just never the seating position (too tight) or the passenger throne (wife not a fan of travel by bike). Whenever I sit on an F6B tho, it just always feels right, like left or right coast tomorrow right. Thus a few assumptions to vet with the high milers before I get into deep:

1. range/safe 200+ mile range and on regular gas, right?
    2. maintenance/ change the oil around 8 (if not before), tires 10-12, rinse and repeat?
    3. heat/I've never really heard about anyone complaining about the heat on a Wing so
    I would expect that is true of F6B's as well, right?

'Glad to see they added back cruise in '15, 'wish they would add back reverse and ABS but then again, that's what I get for not imigrating to Australia twenty years ago......
    Gas mileage if you stay out of the throttle I have seen 44 miles to the gallon and 38 when driving like there is no tomorrow.

Personally I would never take a bike 8 thousand miles between oil changes but that is just me. Some of the others here have gone more than that.

Heat What heat?

My biggest thing I don't like is winter, living in Michigan having to put the bike up for the season.
    If your serious about an F6B Deluxe the prices are falling on these and a left over 15 or 16 brand new is the deal and don't let them talk you into full price on it as they are having trouble selling them and you should be able to find a deal for around 15,000.

'thanks, I rarely go beyond 5k on oil unless I'm on tour tho this bike appears to be rather under stressed so I would expect it would do better than most if pushed. There are indeed deals to be had tho, that's part of what!s bringing me back. A '16 Deluxe w/cruise is quite a bit lower than the '13 base I looked at when they first came out. 'Good things come to those who wait a guess.
    "some journeys continue long after movement in time & space have ceased"- Steinbeck

If this bike was shaped like a giant turd I'd still ride it. I may try to make it look less like a turd, but if it had to look like a turd then I'd live with it.
    It certainly doesn't look like a turd and I just can't understand why it's not a top seller.

I've always been a commuter and short weekend rides kind of rider. Had my first 750 mile day last year and would've pushed on til 1000 but I had set up camp. Was out camping and riding for a week and could've done it for a month.
    No heat issues, (tested in TX and UT), easy oil change, and 200+ miles per tank on regular. It seems like I've got about 50 to spare if I fill up at 200.

This bike rocks! If I won the lottery I'd buy a white one with cruise and call it done.
    Low center of gravity makes it easy on my bad back, have never had a close call with dropping it. Got rid of my ST1300 cuz it was so top-heavy, couldn't get it out of the garage in the morning.
    Some say it needs a 6th gear. While it would be nice I feel like we'd all be complaining about speeding tickets.
    You'll curse all the plastic bodywork at some point, but do all of your farkling at once and get it over with.

Yes, I love the F6B. I'm a little pumped cuz I got 100 miles or so on it yesterday and damn I'm already planning another CO and UT trip.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    This bike rocks! If I won the lottery I'd buy a white one with cruise and call it done.
    Low center of gravity makes it easy on my bad back, have never had a close call with dropping it. Got rid of my ST1300 cuz it was so top-heavy, couldn't get it out of the garage in the morning.
    Some say it needs a 6th gear. While it would be nice I feel like we'd all be complaining about speeding tickets.
    You'll curse all the plastic bodywork at some point, but do all of your farkling at once and get it over with.

Yes, I love the F6B.
    ^^ That... right there. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    ... I just can't understand why it's not a top seller......
    I was sort of surprised by that as well. Given the number of solo Wing jockeys I see, I thought a box less , lighter, less expensive Wing would do well. Part of it is pricing and content issues. When they came out F6B's had a list price lower than a Wing but heavily discounted Wings were easy to find while F6B pricing was firmer which lead to curious situations of a bike with less costing more. They also positioned it at the cruiser market, something that didn!t quite take.
    The real problem may have been a classic Honda one, failure to update. I too had an ST1300.
    When I bought it the FJR was on revision 3, had cruise & also cost less. I bought the ST anyway because it was bigger (I'm 6'2") but for most it was a though sell. An F6B with cruise priced several thousand below a Wing might have done better, what's basically happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Yes Yes and Yes. I think you will find nothing but F6B love here.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

You will love the 6. You may add a few items, for your personal taste, but the bike itself ROCKS! Super motor. I think the majority of F6B riders, ride solo, as compared to the riders on Full Wings. Don't get me wrong, the 6 is a very good 2-up machine. That is just my observation. I never thought much about cruise control until I got this bike, but now, I do enjoy it.

1. Yes pretty close
    2. Most us change oil every 5k. I changed my original tires at 14k the first time and I changed the back tire to the "Darkside" at 28k. I am at 32k now and the front looks like in the next k I have to change.
    3. The plastics shields our legs from heat pretty good. A full wing has vents in case you get cold you could open up to warm your feet and ankles.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt