Michigan Ride Up US 23 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Ride Up US 23

Today is 9/2....we have a lot of time before 9/10...I won't be riding in a all day rain either. That's why "We can call Sunday 9/11 as plan B." I try not to get concerned until I see a relevant radar screen and a weather forecast maybe 24 hour before an event.
    Robert RTaz Tasior

Plan B

Plan B on the 10 day forecast is looking better the closer we get to the ride. But we will lose opas ride cause he is a church going man. I am hoping these other guys make it from Ft Wayne and Michigan City.
    Like you said this is still Michigan and 24 hours before the ride will give us a better look at the weather.

Lightbulb anticipation!!!!

Looks like I'm bringin a couple extra riders with me!. A Goldwing guy and a venture rider. Also the 18th(sunday) there's a charity ride done by Micheal J(from wups 98.5). I'm going if anyone is interested. supposed to be about 150 mile ride.

Unhappy pulled a boner!

So I got my dates mixed up. sat there and waited for F6Ber's to show up yesterday. Then realized I was a week early! Oh well,pre run when good anyways! great day for a ride and did 300 miles yesterday!

I live in Toledo, Ohio. Once you meet in Standish how many miles are you ridding from there? And are you planning on returning to Standish?

Just kicking around the idea.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I live in Toledo, Ohio. Once you meet in Standish how many miles are you ridding from there? And are you planning on returning to Standish?

Depends on the weather, but could be up to 194 miles?? It's a beautiful ride.

Attachment 23177

Actually we aren't going all the way up

We have planned to turn onto M32 at Alpena and follow that out to M33 south and head to Rose City for a stop at the Faulls restaurant. After that we are breaking up and going our own way back home. The guys that live to the south can follow M33 down to I-75 and the guys from Western Michigan and jump on M55 and head west. Rtaz of course lives in Oscoda and he know what route to take back home. If the weather permits of course and the forecast hasn't changed for Saturday as they are saying scattered thunderstorm. If that stays in the forecast then we go to plan B which is riding it on Sunday the 11th.

How to keep track of the action

When you click on What's New, right below it is New Group Messages, click on that and you will see the messages for the ride on US 23 as any new information will be posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post

From Standish back to Standish is around 200 miles.
    Robert RTaz Tasior

Weather not looking too good

Forecast saying 90% chance of scattered thunderstorms on the 10th so that kind of isn't a good thing for riding on the 10th and maybe plan B is going to be the better option. We will keep monitoring the weather.