Belly Pan Scraping - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pan Scraping

I will have to do a seach for that...guy is on the GL 1800 board.. give me some time.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Where is the McGyver BP sold?
    How about Wingstuff:

http://wingstuff.com/products/36093-...for-gl1800-f6b
    Ken (Hornblower)

Wingstuff is where I got mine. Just got here today. Will put it on tomorrow.

I have a Craftsman bike jack that I used, with an adapter, on my Valkyrie. Haven't tried it on the F6. What can you tell me about best placement, etc.? I have an aluminum belly pan that I can't imagine supporting the bike. Must that be removed? Do you strap the bike down on the jack? Any tips you can give me on using this jack would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Well, as soon as I lift it , I'll let you know. I just got the belly pan today. I've only seen pictures of the F6B being lifted with the McGuyver belly pan. I still have my Valk.

Yeh,Yeh ...Thanks Ken !!!! Unit to me is well worth the $$$$ not so sure about the wind thingy but for lifting the bike it is great and also protecting the plastic water bottle!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have a Craftsman bike jack that I used, with an adapter, on my Valkyrie. Haven't tried it on the F6. What can you tell me about best placement, etc.? I have an aluminum belly pan that I can't imagine supporting the bike. Must that be removed? Do you strap the bike down on the jack? Any tips you can give me on using this jack would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I've got the aluminum Craftsman jack and for the life of me cannot find any sweet spot to lift the 6 up properly. No belly pan but it seems to be lifting on the exhaust headers. Don't like that. If I put the lift up front it will raise the front wheel up for servicing which is fine but would like to raise the whole bike for storage come winter.

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    I've got the aluminum Craftsman jack and for the life of me cannot find any sweet spot to lift the 6 up properly. No belly pan but it seems to be lifting on the exhaust headers. Don't like that. If I put the lift up front it will raise the front wheel up for servicing which is fine but would like to raise the whole bike for storage come winter.
    Jeff, I can't remember, do you have a centre stand? I've always rolled my bikes a few feet every month to change the pressure point on the front tire over the winter.

Yes have a center stand but like to raise the whole bike off the ground for storage. I'm sure I will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I bought the nice black anodized powder coated belly pan to protect my lil' girl's underside from road debris.
    It is on properly and fits very well.
    I have managed to scrape the pan and pegs more then just a few times in the 100 miles or so that I have had the belly pan on her.

Coming from a 98 Valk and a 95 Heritage both with full floorboards and heel-toe shifters, I was never a "lean-way-over" guy.

Does the F6B just lend itself to leaning over more?
    Anybody else losing "the black" off the bellypan?
    It doesn't feel awkward at all to be at those angles.
    What a great bike!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Depending on how fast you go around corners, you are going to scrape a little. The faster you go the more lean.
    I have a large amount of Aluminum ground off the bottom of both sides of both my floorboards.
    You have to keep your feet in also, will ground off the bottom of your boots to, don't ask how I know.
    Seems like with this bike, not as much fun if not pushing it just a little. Don't have that problem with my VN2000.

To each his own on the "need" for a belly-pan on the F6B..After reading all the issues these things seem to cause, I think I will leave well enough alone and spend my money elsewhere...I'm too old to corner that fast and furious anyway!!