Now I'm really pissed off
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I'm really pissed off

Now I'm really pissed off

Well i got my fog lights from socalmotorgear and they look to be the bees knees. So, thinking that i would get someone who knows what they are doing to mount them I took the lot to Canberra Motorcycles.....including a video clip showing how they are mounted (rumour has it that the included instructions leave a bit to be desired), anyway, you know how the US F6B does not have ABS, well guess what, the Au version does not have the wiring harness for the fog lamps. I'm convinced Honda are not doing themselves any favours by leaving this stuff off.

HELP

Does anyone happen to know if the short harness from the main to the fog lights is available, and if so from where?

OR

can anyone give me some idea how I can successfully wire these things into the bike system?

Would be so grateful for some assistance

Cheers and best Chris

Don't know about the Aussie wiring harness, but you can always add lights the old fashioned way with a switch, fuse, relay, wire and connectors.

The switch should take its power from an accessory line to keep it from powering up when the bike is off or you can use the Engine Oil Sending Unit to keep the lights from going on until after the engine is running for extra battery protection. The output of the switch would then enable the relay and the relay would do the heavy lifting to power the lights.

HTH

I can't believe it - three connectors and a bit of wire?

Following our discussion I pulled my front cowl off this afternoon.
    Bloody cheapskates.......

Dug into the harness below the radio controls and we may be lucky and the switch plug may be there, which may make things a little easier.
    I'll let you know if a get a better chance tomorrow.

If not, as others have said, it's just a bit of extra cabling and a relay connected to trigger wire and power.

At least we got ABS, HISS and a toolkit......

Cheers Ron, bit of a let down hey.

Chris

Harness substitute

I think this maybe what we need....

http://wingstuff.com/products/32594-...ld_wing_gl1800

Quote Originally Posted by Vudu_52 View Post
    I think this maybe what we need....

http://wingstuff.com/products/32594-...ld_wing_gl1800
    Good spot, will let the switch survive longer. Even though LED doesn't draw much, have to order for mine. Going to run a Skene light controller to run the LED's at 20% as DRL's and then when I switch to high beam they'll switch to 100%, that harness simplifies things.

Wow, really amazing that this harness would be left out of the mix for the F6B region to region when as an accessory it's available world wide. In my own short experience the wing is notorious for cocooning wiring so well that accessory cabling can be really difficult to find or easily mistaken for something else.

Have you had a look at this video from one of our forum members?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75raijdpZs

Wish I could offer more.....

When I installed the OEM fog lights in my 2013 F6B the front wiring plugs were very difficult to find at first so it is possible that is what you are experiencing. If the plug is there in the left lower pocket area it means that the harness should be the same as the US market bikes and the front plugs are just tucked way up in the front cowl area.
    Good luck.

X

Same as the Euro bikes? No foglight connectors...