Which Wind Screen to Buy

Thread: Which Wind Screen to Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Can very well be the helmet turbulence. That Shoei X-14 is not a touring helmet designed for a upward posture. It is a race helmet designed to be tucked and angled down. Hence why the ventilation is better tucked. Shoei does make a touring helmet designed for a more upward rider position called "Qwest". A world of difference just from the design and intended rider.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post
    I have been the whole route. When I bought the bike I had them put the tall Honda windscreen in with the air vent. Did a 2000 mile trip with it and buffeting beat the hell out me. So, I bought the tall Clearview with vent and the recurve. Exactly the same problem. Now I bought a tall Baggershield with vent. That seems to have done it but the bike is up for the winter and I haven't taken it on a long trip yet.

I know it's not my helmet, a Shoei X-14. It is a very slippery helmet and I have used it on other bikes satisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    Can very well be the helmet turbulence. That Shoei X-14 is not a touring helmet designed for a upward posture. It is a race helmet designed to be tucked and angled down. Hence why the ventilation is better tucked. Shoei does make a touring helmet designed for a more upward rider position called "Qwest". A world of difference just from the design and intended rider.
    Unfortunately I also have a Qwest but the same result. BTW I sometimes ride a naked bike (my 1975 GL100) and don't have any buffeting at all.

me 2 cents

At your height a klockwerks 16 would be the ticket if you cant handle the madstad looks. I saw 53 drivers up close and the madstad really wasn't that bad. But I'm so dammed pretty, 6'1 with an ultimate king which adds an inch up I went klockwerks 16. I liked the idea of makeking it adjustable like a clearview shield. so I bought the klock 16 Goldwing version, not f6b to get the vent and some oem hardware to get it to work. all I needed was 3 oval metal inserts and it bolts up . then I drilled holes for a high position. the low is about 16 plus one which is perfect for me . I was visor up all the way to perdido key from okc. met up with 53driver for a few beers back in 2016.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

at