Opinions on Saddlebag luggage set?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Saddlebag luggage set?

Opinions on Saddlebag luggage set?

http://wingstuff.com/products/37231-...el_luggage-f6b

Has anyone done this? Or another brand? They look very sharp, especially with the F6B logo. Planning a road trip and this seems like an effective way to pile stuff in there without it banging around inside of the saddlebag or falling out when you pop open the saddlebag. In addition to this I'm buying the storage rack in black to then attach a third storage luggage bag that will wrap around the passenger backrest, like this one from Viking....

https://www.vikingbags.com/cordura-b...FUZAhgod0FwMaA

You can probably tell this is my first rodeo doing long range cruising and I may be overdoing or maybe not (it's a 7-8 day trip on the BRP)......you experts pls chime in, your prior experience cruising on our F6B is very much appreciated!

Wingstuff bags are great

Bought a set last summer. Well made product.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Viking Bag

Quote Originally Posted by carreramia View Post
    http://wingstuff.com/products/37231-...el_luggage-f6b

Has anyone done this? Or another brand? They look very sharp, especially with the F6B logo. Planning a road trip and this seems like an effective way to pile stuff in there without it banging around inside of the saddlebag or falling out when you pop open the saddlebag. In addition to this I'm buying the storage rack in black to then attach a third storage luggage bag that will wrap around the passenger backrest, like this one from Viking....

https://www.vikingbags.com/cordura-b...FUZAhgod0FwMaA

You can probably tell this is my first rodeo doing long range cruising and I may be overdoing or maybe not (it's a 7-8 day trip on the BRP)......you experts pls chime in, your prior experience cruising on our F6B is very much appreciated!
    Just a comment on your choice of bag. I bought this bag for the rear of my F6B, it is very strong and robust. Holds a lot and I would recommend it. Good luck https://www.vikingbags.com/warrior-l...sy-bar-bag.htm

I have the Tourmaster version, no logo. Seem to be well built and work well.

Take a serious look

At Kuryakyn Ultra touring bag 5280 inches of packing space for traveling and cheaper than the one your looking at. You can purchase the Kuryakyn for 134 buck and change. I have one and its definitely got a ton of room for clothing, storage items and comes with a very good rain cover. I field tested it in an all day rain last year in Ohio. It came thru with flying colors. It also has almost twice the storage capacity of the Viking bag

luggage

I have the Kuryakyn Ultra as well. Work Great. Nothing like pulling into the hotel after a long day of riding, pop open the hard cases, pull out the luggage and walk straight into the lobby to your room., I'm still looking forward to a hard top case that is easily removable. There is a forum member who was working on this solution. His drawings and renderings look promising. I especially like that he was working a slide for the base to move it forward for one up riding. I will see how his mock up turns out.

Those saddlebag liners, look just like the ones I got from my local Honda dealer. They work very well. I got a luggage bag, looks very similar to the one in your post, I got from Cycle Gear, works great and also is less $$. Most of the luggage companies copy each other, then change something small, then put their own logo on them. I'm sure many will do the job, just up to you to select.

I too, have the Tourmaster saddlebag liners and matching Cruiser III Tailbag. Happy with both.I'd love to post a link or a picture, but this forum has been borked for weeks now, and I can do neither.Jim[and as you can see... can't use a flippin' carriage return in my posts either. Ugh.]

I have a set of the Honda saddlebag liners and I've been pretty happy with them for a couple years now. They work as advertised for keeping your gear together and available for moving from the bike to a hotel/motel room. I can get by w one bag for a week of travel if I put some other bag together to carry on the rack or pillion... my other saddlebag carries my tools, water bottles, snacks and other misc necessities. And yes, they do look nice and tie together visually very well with the F6B logo on the side.
    As others say, there are other similar and/or less expensive options, but these are a decent bag.

Ride safe, amigo!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Came across these while searching for bags..
    think I'll grab them for my trip to Americade in June..

http://kathysjourneydesigns.com/prod...dwing/507.html