2018 GoldWings Popping Up and New Closeouts

Thread: 2018 GoldWings Popping Up and New Closeouts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    There's lots of lo mileage HD's showing up @ steal prices too.
    "I think" a lot of retired folks are new to riding & have a fantasy about riding off into the sunset on a MC & living the dream they've seen in some of the movies. Then the hard facts hit them in the face, everything from bugs, cages, excessive heat or cold, flat tire, a down pour for mile after mile & the list goes on. After a few times of that, they decide to cut their losses, hang it up & find a nice comfy place in front of the TV. There's thousands of perfect, low mileage MC's everywhere, many at steal prices.....Just my opinion.
    I totally agree with you my friend..When I was in my 50's and 60's I rode the "dream" so to speak for a while..Then family issues, health issues, weather issues, and finally at close to 80, I just don't care much about riding anymore..Between careless drivers with their damn cell phones, traffic, etc.. I find I am spending more time in front of the TV and doing things around the house..Just bought a 2019 Ford Edge and would almost rather take a ride in it than my F6B....Still like to ride, but at this stage I have pretty much decided to forget getting a smaller bike and just hanging on to the one I have until I sell it or ???...BTW, I saw an article on the Internet a couple days ago that HD sales are in the tank and their stock is not doing well....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I totally agree with you my friend..When I was in my 50's and 60's I rode the "dream" so to speak for a while..Then family issues, health issues, weather issues, and finally at close to 80, I just don't care much about riding anymore..Between careless drivers with their damn cell phones, traffic, etc.. I find I am spending more time in front of the TV and doing things around the house..Just bought a 2019 Ford Edge and would almost rather take a ride in it than my F6B....Still like to ride, but at this stage I have pretty much decided to forget getting a smaller bike and just hanging on to the one I have until I sell it or ???...BTW, I saw an article on the Internet a couple days ago that HD sales are in the tank and their stock is not doing well....Regards
    I tend to agree with ya Opas Ride. I don't yearn for the open road as I once did. My main problem is dealing with the Summer heat. My bike pretty much goes into storage twice a year; once for the Winter months of December through March and the second time from about mid June until sometime in September. I enjoy a drive in my VW GTI( it has AC ya know) as much or more than a motorcycle ride. Like you, I think I'll just hang on to the "B" until I'm done riding and that will be all she wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride;
    BTW, I saw an article on the Internet a couple days ago that HD sales are in the tank and their stock is not doing well....Regards

Not saying it isnt true, but It is like a broken record. I think I've seen those kind of headline for atleast 10 years.

Hope they figure something out.
    Last edited by 53driver; 07-29-2019 at 03:14 PM. Reason: fix quote