Rain Gear !!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rain Gear !!!

If you like your Harley rain gear then keep wearing it. Don't worry about what logo it has. I still wear my Harley shirts when I ride the F6B. I like getting strange looks from people. Just this weekend a buddy of mine asked me what model Harley I was riding?

That being said, Harley Davisdson doesn't actually make any clothes or boots. They just put their logo on other manufacturers goods that are usually made In the good old Communist Republic of China and then they jack up the prices. Most of their boots are made by Wolverine and Bates, but Harley charges about twice the price because of the logo. I bet you can find the exact same rain gear without the logo for much cheaper than what Harley charges.

Now is the time of season I put away my mesh jacket and summer rain suit, and break out my Aerostitch two piece. I have 250k miles on my jacket that I bought in the late 90's. What I love about this gear is that (1) some of the best protective gear available, I have friends who have gone down wearing this stuff and got nary a scratch (2) if it rains, no need to stop (3) comfort, it feels good, and when it gets cold, a sweatshirt over my heated liner has no bulk, (3) dealing with Aerostitch. Best customer service, bar none, and the availability of a custom fit. All of my A/S stuff is custom fit. I renew the water repelling capability of the gore tex when needed. Some of you guys like the cruiser look in your gear, to each his own, I like this look, and I wear a full face (modular), another part of my raingear (and everyday gear)

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I own British Motorcycle Gear "Discovery" jacket & "Pioneer" pants, fully armored, fully waterproof.
    Not inexpensive.

Rode through "really cold rain" several times (didn't want to write 'freezing rain') and had no issues.
    Had the set for 5 seasons now and the gear is still very new looking and holding up well.
    I wish I had gotten a slightly larger waist and slightly longer inseam in the pant though....

Cheers,
    Steve
    Saw this stuff at a motorcycle deal in Greenville last year. Nice stuff. Not cheap by any means but good stuff.
    I still wear my HD gear as well. only issue is my crotch gets wet in a heavy rain, still have not found a hole or anything.

Dang still monsoon season in South Florida!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Saw this stuff at a motorcycle deal in Greenville last year. Nice stuff. Not cheap by any means but good stuff.
    I still wear my HD gear as well. only issue is my crotch gets wet in a heavy rain, still have not found a hole or anything.

TMI......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

LOL, I'll get you a pic.