Another reason I'll be leaving NY soon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another reason I'll be leaving NY soon

Another reason I'll be leaving NY soon

Just totally unbelievable. Read the last line.

"New York's Higher Education Committee has blocked legislation that would have offered discounted college tuition, room and board for veterans' families.

The proposal would apply to dependents of military service members who died in the line of duty and attend SUNY or CUNY institutions.

On Tuesday, the committee voted 15-11 to hold the bill, ultimately ensuring the bill will not make it to the Assembly floor.

"It's truly a disservice to this state and, most importantly, our brave veterans that power brokers in Albany kill truly bipartisan legislation with noble causes," Bill Sponsor Assemblyman Steve Hawley (R,C,I-Batavia) said. "Inmates get Ipads, parolees get pardons and criminal illegals get lawyers but the Assembly Majority cries broke when it comes to our valiant veterans – mindboggling."

Last week, New York lawmakers passed a $27 million bill to provide tuition aid for undocumented immigrants."

Why would a commie politician want to assist a group who won’t get in line and vote for them? I’d still like someone to explain what an “undocumented immigrant” is. Might as well call them Unicorns. I’m also curious as to what it will take for the law abiding citizens of this nation to push back. If I were king, any veteran would be at the top of these government program lists, not the bottom. The fact that our government spends one dime on illegal aliens or other countries while we have millions who need help or go without pretty much pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    Why would a commie politician want to assist a group who won’t get in line and vote for them? I’d still like someone to explain what an “undocumented immigrant” is. Might as well call them Unicorns. I’m also curious as to what it will take for the law abiding citizens of this nation to push back. If I were king, any veteran would be at the top of these government program lists, not the bottom. The fact that our government spends one dime on illegal aliens or other countries while we have millions who need help or go without pretty much pisses me off.

And the legislature and governor in Colorado have really gone off the deep end. Now our votes for President don't actually count unless they agree with the majority popular vote nationwide. Our electoral votes will now go to the presidential candidate that gets the majority of the votes nationwide, REGARDLESS of how we voted here in Colorado. This is what happens when the liberals from other states move into Colorado and takeover!!! They decide what they want to do and just do it, with no representation or voice from those of us that don't live in the large metropolitan area of Denver-Boulder. Ridiculous!!!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

My lips to God's ear: I hope Trump gets a majority in 2020 so the idiots can see how stupid they are.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post

And the legislature and governor in Colorado have really gone off the deep end. Now our votes for President don't actually count unless they agree with the majority popular vote nationwide. Our electoral votes will now go to the presidential candidate that gets the majority of the votes nationwide, REGARDLESS of how we voted here in Colorado. This is what happens when the liberals from other states move into Colorado and takeover!!! They decide what they want to do and just do it, with no representation or voice from those of us that don't live in the large metropolitan area of Denver-Boulder. Ridiculous!!!!!
    That turd won’t actually take effect or become law until they get 91 more electoral votes to sign up for this republic suicide pact. Even if that happens I would hope the courts would quash it but never say never in the land of make believe. The bigger financial atomic bomb set off in Colorado was the bill just passed to kill the oil and gas industry. I hope Governor Pollsmoker has a stable of those cash producing unicorns that all these commies believe in once that tax revenue dries up. Wyoming is taking the energy companies with open arms.

BOY,, could I cause some damage in this conversation.
    STUPID....
    You cant fix it!
    ITS ALL GOOD

That turd won’t actually take effect or become law until they get 91 more electoral votes to sign up for this republic suicide pact. Even if that happens I would hope the courts would quash it but never say never in the land of make believe. The bigger financial atomic bomb set off in Colorado was the bill just passed to kill the oil and gas industry. I hope Governor Pollsmoker has a stable of those cash producing unicorns that all these commies believe in once that tax revenue dries up. Wyoming is taking the energy companies with open arms.
    Wasn’t that a referendum that was voted down by the people? So, the legislature voted for it anyways? Geez.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    Wasn’t that a referendum that was voted down by the people? So, the legislature voted for it anyways? Geez.
    Yep. But the elite "know-better-than-the-citizens" legislators and governor don't give a hoot about what the voters think!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    The people who allegedly serve us realize there is no longer any punishment or blowback on their power grabs. Colorados TABOR law is next on the chopping block.

The people who allegedly serve us realize there is no longer any punishment or blowback on their power grabs. Colorados TABOR law is next on the chopping block.
    I hope not! Our taxes would be going up up up without it.