paint protection

Thread: paint protection

paint protection

A while back there was mention of a paint protection product to help the 2013 paint problems by putting a hard gloss coat over it. What was the product?

Would you recommend it for a car to protect from road rash? I know I would have to do the whole car so it matches
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Back in 2013/2014, many folks swore by a product called Liquid Glass. I never personally used it, but new of several folks here who did and reported excellent results.

Paint problems on the 2013 models used to be a hot topic. I had a red 2013 that would turn rags pink whenever I waxed it. I have to wonder if over time the paint cured and hardened a bit, since the problem is rarely mentioned these days.

Two popular products to deal with the 'soft' paint on the 2013 models are Liquid Glass and Honda Glare. Both are ridiculously expensive. I used both and they work well, but not that much better than other similar products that cost less.
    Last edited by F6Dave; 07-28-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Liquid glass is what I was thinking of, but couldn't think of the name. How long does it last? What would be as good but cheaper?
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

I don’t think LG is still available. Todays ceramic coatings work.

I still have a can of the Liquid Glass sitting in the garage. Can't use it on the matte white.

seventwenty - Agree that it seemed to be unavailable for some time...but their website seems to indicate that it's available for order, without mention of unavailability or backorder. That said...there is no guarantee that the EPA or the corporate bean counters did not necessitate a change to the formula in the ensuing timeframe.

https://liquidglass.com/product/liqu...-finish-16-oz/

I see that Amazon has Liquid Glass. It now comes in a plastic instead of metal can. And costs a lot more.

You might want to read some auto detailing websites. Many push certain products but others have useful product information. I learned a lot about matte paint care from a few of those sites.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    seventwenty - Agree that it seemed to be unavailable for some time...but their website seems to indicate that it's available for order, without mention of unavailability or backorder. That said...there is no guarantee that the EPA or the corporate bean counters did not necessitate a change to the formula in the ensuing timeframe.

https://liquidglass.com/product/liqu...-finish-16-oz/
    Thx, the last time I looked I got the impression they were out of business.