What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 104
Page 104 of 126 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1254

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by empirelloyd View Post
    did the key thing for gas, glove and saddlebags,,,, pretty cool
    It's a fun hey everyone should do this mod.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Added a clear shield and some Ergos 1st Gen from a GL1800 that I picked up super cheap. Now, I gotta go see if they scrape!!
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

Quote Originally Posted by empirelloyd View Post
    did the key thing for gas, glove and saddlebags,,,, pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    It's a fun hey everyone should do this mod.
    Okay - I did it today. It was fun. Dremel tools are COOL!
    Of course, I also disabled the locking mechanism on the pannier doors.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Some may recall that, about 3 months ago, I installed a built-in Garage Door Opener.....

Attachment 22214

I chose the double-rocker because this switch was nice, compact, didn't use up a lot of real estate on the lid (also...round mounting, not rectangular), and I have two garage doors. Rocker up opens/closes one, rocker down opens/closes the other. Nice, simple, and good looking (at least in my opinion. Absolutely hate seeing great bikes destroyed with crappy RatShack toggle switches and that sort of trash on them. Now that RatShack has shuttered...wonder where Harley is gonna buy THEIR switches from now on?)

Well, although it was an issue I had thought of beforehand....the fellow who runs the business from whom I purchased the opener promised me that I would have no troubles with water/weather getting into the rocker. FALSE! Big lie!

First time I washed the bike, everything was fine. Second time....something happened, but I could not be sure what caused it at the time due to other factors.

Last week...washed the bike again. Garage doors started going up and down on their own. Blew the switch out with some canned air and it appeared to fix the matter. Until two nights later, when...while we were at the other end of the house eating dinner....suddenly a garage door opened all by itself again.

Not only is all of this annoying....but it can be outright dangerous. Bad news should everyone be off at a restaurant or work or whatever and suddenly a door should decide on its' own to open and invite anyone walking by to come in have at the place. Even WORSE news should it be 0300 and everyone is in bed and asleep.

SO.....

After a lot of research and shopping (also, having a brother who is deeply involved in the industrial IT hardware R&D world helps a lot as well)...I found some weatherproof/dustproof switches that can take just about anything one can throw at them whilst still looking attractive (more or less).

What did I do to my F6B today? Have soldering iron, will travel.....Today I gutted the system and dealt with the whole problem. I ultimately had to give up on the rocker idea and go to pushbutton switches, but now I am no longer much worried about anything atmospheric invading the works.....nor vandalism, either......

Attachment 22215

Attachment 22216

Attachment 22217

Attachment 22218

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

(it wouldn't let me add this one in the last post)

Attachment 22219

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Good job sT... I like lighted switches.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

When I put electrical items on the B all of them are on switch power this cures the problem of anyone tapering with any thing.

I put in a regular garage door opener, with a remote push button on the panel...it is hot all the time. Up side is it can't work away from home, downside don't bump it !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Garage Door Opener

ST--I sent you a PM as well but I imagine others will be interested in your source for the new switches you're using. Can you provide a link? The so-called waterproof switch that I used has done exactly what your previous switch did. If the switch gets just a little bit wet, my garage door opens or closes without my touching the button. I'd love to have one like you're showing that truly is water-resistant and is illuminated to boot.
    Ken (Hornblower)