Revco Pegs More Purple than BLACK - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revco Pegs More Purple than BLACK

fl1madmax

paid $299 Black $399 Chrome, so I would think thats a good Profit in there.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    Not that it shouldn't have been right in the first place, because it should have been, but has anyone looked into what it might cost to have theirs powder coated black?

Last time I checked with a local powder coating company about something I seem to recall it being fairly reasonable.

*Caveat - I have no idea how much the pegs were to begin with, but if functionally they rock and the only issue is the purple hue then maybe it's worth the extra bucks.
    if I don't hear from them I'll tear them apart and have them Powder coated. Black.

fl1madmax

Thank you, I'll wait for your answer. John Formichella

Quote Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
    We chose to have the pegs anodized over powder coating because we feel that it is more durable. We asked them to try to match the valve covers as close as possible. Until yesterday, I only saw one other comment about the purple tint. We pulled 6 sets out of inventory and tried to duplicate the purple color. We didn't see any purple but did notice that the color changed in different lights.

We contacted the company that does our anodizing and asked them if there is anything that they would recommend. The only thing that we can think of would be to make them more glossy but that isn't going to match the valve covers. Since anodizing is a chemical process, it is hard to get the exact result every time. I will update everyone as soon as we hear back from the anodizing company.

John
    I was thinking what I could do to match, have you thought about asking Honda what they do so you could match
    the valve covers, is it paint, Baked on Black ?

Noted purple color on 7/31/2013

Copied from "Accessories" page from 7/31/2013

A little different color Black
    Well I got my pegs yesterday.
    They took 7-10 minutes to remove the chrome plate and install the new pegs. The bike needs to be washed then I'll post some pictures.
    I noticed in bright sunlight that my Rivco Pegs have a Purple tint to them. It's not noticable until it is installed next to the black valve covers. Still nice units.

Yeah they haven't changed much. Still purple. BUT I still love em.

I've had my pegs since July and put almost 4000 miles on bike and I don't see any purple..

I am very happy with the Rivco pegs.If the color ever bothers me I will just get them powder coated
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride it like you stole it

fl1madmax

Just got a letter from Revco VP. aware of my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by fl1madmax View Post
    if I don't hear from them I'll tear them apart and have them Powder coated. Black.
    He stated that they are talking to their Tool guy, and will let me know the out come, First Class Organization, I LOVE the
    Pegs but if they don't Match, I'd rather go with Chrome, will wait and see what they say !

Rivco pegs

Got my pegs back in July, noticed the purple tint then but installed them anyway because I liked the built in concept design that Rivco came up with. After 4 months, purple tint is till there and I guess I will have to just live with it! I believe I can!

fl1madmax

Revco contacted me,

Quote Originally Posted by JimBob1 View Post
    Got my pegs back in July, noticed the purple tint then but installed them anyway because I liked the built in concept design that Rivco came up with. After 4 months, purple tint is till there and I guess I will have to just live with it! I believe I can!
    He Said I had a choice return for another set of Black, or get Chrome for 10% off, I'm going to have them Powder coated, Satin Black, should match the Color perfect, so says my Power Coater....Will post pics when there done!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    I am very happy with the Rivco pegs.If the color ever bothers me I will just get them powder coated
    x2 Ya, I see a little purple coming though but over time if it gets too bad I'll just have them powder coated.No biggie

fl1madmax

Having My Revco PEGS Black Satin Powder Coated

Quote Originally Posted by fl1madmax View Post
    I just installed my Pegs I waited for 2 months to get will try to post picture, wrote them back and sent picture,
    will see how they respond !Attachment 2620
    I removed my Pegs, Revco did say they would send me a new Set, but I think it would be the same thing after time, Powder Coating is harder
    and should match the valve covers a lot better. $50, to have all 6 parts powder coated. Will Post pics when I reinstall them, I love the pegs
    but hated the color, maybe you can buy them untreated and have them powder coated your self. Ride Safe............JB