Madstad windshield owners

Thread: Madstad windshield owners

Madstad windshield owners

Have a couple questions For you Madstad owners I'm 6ft3 tall torso
    1How tall are you and What size are you guys using, Like to look over it not thru it
    2 Can you hear your radio better with it
    3Doz it hook on your stock windshield or doz that come off
    4 Is it helping keep bad air off passager
    Tks

1. For a man of your size your should go w/ the 15" unless they make a bigger one...

2. Yes

3. No, this is a total unit

4. Yes

Hope this helps... great windshield....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

1- 6'1" with the 13" I have mine in the lowest setting. I can look over or through depending on adjustment.

2- Yes

3- it's a toal replacement 2 piece system.

4- yes no complaints from the wife with open face helmet.

I am 6'1". I got the 13" and had to exchange it for the 11". At the lowest point, the 13" top edge was dead in my line of sight for the road--drove me nuts. They do reccomend the 13" for those over 6', but it just did not work in my case.

Yes it does help with the radio---a lot.

And yes, the wife says she can tell a lot of difference when I just tilt it forward and raise it just a inch. Combined with the hand wings and there are bunches and bunches of adjustability on how much or little wind you want.

I wear open face helmets and love to tinker with it depending on the weather.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been through them all. 15, 13 and 11 and I am 5"11 and now ride with an 11" sitting on a Mustang Seat.

FIRST,,, make sure you have the seat you want before you choose a windshield. I had a Shield that works with the stock seat and then went to a Mustang that sat me lower and changed everything.

Next,,, if you choose a Shield you can just look over when it is all the way down that limits your use of the adjustability. My advice is to go with a shorter Shield and move it up near the top of it's adjustment. Then you can dial it in as you want.

Just my 2 cents... and it's probably worth 1/2 that

I've spent most of my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I am 5' 8" with a mustang seat and the 11".

It works great with it on the lowest setting (right our of the box)
    I need to experiment with is more but it works so good I have not touched it after the install.

If anything it may work better if it was even lower / but the 11" is the smallest available.

I have the extra dark and it looks and performs great. As many have said it is one of the best things I have bought for the bike. I look completely over the shield. It comes to my chin and if I were tall I would get one that was even lower. It shields the wind so well that it could be a few inches below the chin and be even better. It would almost be like having no at all.

I thing my F4 customs with the vent is almost just as good but it does not look as good. I may try it in the winter when I need more air protection in the cold weather. Time will tell / Maybe if I just raise up the Madstad I will be ok / but with it being extra dark I do not want to look through it at all.
    Steve

About 6' and longer than average torso with stock seat, I went with the 13" medium tint and I at it's lowest position I look over it pretty easy, when I raise it all the way up I have to look through it. Radio is louder too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    Have a couple questions For you Madstad owners I'm 6ft3 tall torso
    1How tall are you and What size are you guys using, Like to look over it not thru it
    2 Can you hear your radio better with it
    3Doz it hook on your stock windshield or doz that come off
    4 Is it helping keep bad air off passager
    Tks
    Hi,

mine, installed last sunday, is 15". I am more or less same size than you. But in lowest position I have the top of the shield almost in the middle of my sight.

Have tried highest postion, Unfortunately itīs not high enough to look through without complain, top line is still visible.

Would go to 11" now and adjust height until itīs fine for me, because the madstad works great. No need to test anything else.

And with the lower part in black the brackets are well hidden.

Regards
    Alex