floorboards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: floorboards

floorboards

Does anyone have floorboard installed on F6B?

The rididng position has been the biggest issue on F6.

I have the Kury Ergo II highway pegs which helps me a lot.

I have been looking at the Roadsmith's comfort controls,
    but it's EXPENSIVE! lol

It seems like Roadsmith's unit would move the pegs to where the kickstand pivot is. I also looked at some pics of
    Show Chrome's floorboard kit and it seems like their floorboards extends as much forward as the Roadsmiths's peg location.

Because I prefer "boards" over pegs, i was thinking that Show Chrome's floorboards would be a better choice for me, but first, I wanted to ask if anyone has it (Show Chrome's floorboards with Heel/ toe shifter) installed on F6B and what the impression is.....

Thanks!

My wish list includes the Kury "Mini Boards" to also lower the feet 3/4 inch.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Plam Bay Florida, summer in Battle Creek, Mi.
    I'm thinking about the Kury mini boards also.

What you add to the "B" for comfort is strictly your own business but when it comes to anything that will lower the "drag points" just be aware that the stock pegs already drag easily. Anything lower could really get in the way. This is especially true for aggressive riders.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    My wish list includes the Kury "Mini Boards" to also lower the feet 3/4 inch.
    I've got these installed. Perfect for me, way more comfortable than the stock pegs. I can still crank the bike way over and I've only had them drag once. Highly recommended.

I have the kuryakyn toe heel shifter with floor boards and love them, I am thinking about adding the Heel shifter extension to make a little more room for my boot.

Attachment 10179

Have had the mini boards for over a year and really like them. However, you have to get accustomed to repositioning your foot for shifting because it reduces the area between the board and the shifter rod peg. It is second nature to me now but did take some practice to get the new feel right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I added the Roadsmith's comfort controls. Yes pricey, but a well built, well thought out product. The instructions were clear and detailed and the install went very smooth.

My biggest concern (after adding more leg room) was the adjustability of the shifter and brake pedal to accommodate my size 14's. I believe these give you more flexibility than the stock controls.

As to Hornblowers comment about dragging the pegs, he is right. I am not a really aggressive rider, but I do occasionally scrape a peg. But the extra room does help with my 6'-6" frame and 36" inseam and that is worth the trade-off.

Just my 2 cents ....

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    What you add to the "B" for comfort is strictly your own business but when it comes to anything that will lower the "drag points" just be aware that the stock pegs already drag easily. Anything lower could really get in the way. This is especially true for aggressive riders.
    Bought a used set of Egro II. Painted them with primer and then a nice flat black to match the rest of the trim. Boy do they look great.

Scraped the paint off the bottom of left peg the first time out! Not pretty when you flip it up. GGGggrrrrr
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have decided to try the Show Chrome Floor Boards w/ heel-toe shifter set up.

I ordered it from Value Accessories (one of the sponsors here). I PM'd Rick (he replied quickly and answered my questions about the floor Boards which he has on his F6) then I called the next day to place my order.
    They shipped it out within a few hours of my payment
    and it's supposed to be in my hand before X'mas.

Because I had floor boards, heel-tow shifter set up on my previous ride, I really miss it and I am not an aggressive rider at all, so I don't expect to be dragging the boards much.

I will report back after I install the set on my bike.