Clearview Windshield Modification - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clearview Windshield Modification

Definitely clearview is the way to go! I'm 5 11 and on a stock seat the medium is just perfect to look over the top very quiet no buffeting! Why fiddle around with cutting it get the right size!I think with the Clearview with its recurve you want to look over the top and not through the shield..this shield in light smoke medium is tremendous!
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Cope = cut. Not uncommon, but it's not something that always goes perfect each and every time,,, if you get my drift,,, Mistakes can happen,,,

With Clearviews exchange policy,,, I gotta say what those before have said,,, get both/send one back,,,, (Or keep 'em both! )

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I've seen a few people mention Clearview's great exchange policy so I guess I'll take a swag and see what happens.

Is that seat higher, lower, or same height as OEM?

Great info. I'm considering passenger coverage so I'm thinking a taller shield would be better.

Nice looking shield but I'm shooting for a Clearview.
    As to the seat/riding height of the Ultimate King, I'd have to say that it's probably the same height. However, that being said, the seat on this bike is big. I find that the width of the Ultimate seat seems to spread the thighs a bit more giving you the sense that it's higher. I still have no issue stopping flat footed. That Ultimate seat was pricey, but it's soooooooooooooo nice. I figured I needed something nice to get me through the F6B's 300,000 mile engine rating.

As to Clearview's return policy: Just don't peel off the protective film from the shield and they would take it back. I mounted the windshield with the film on it and took it for a ride; testing it up to 85mph on the highway. I didn't bother putting the front cover back on for the test. Obviously this would be a problem if you have a tall windshield that you have to look through. I could see over it, so it wasn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    I'll try to make note and maybe shoot a pic or two when mine arrives... should be tomorrow.
    Looks to me you could lower it 3/4-1" further. Tried to show it in the pics. Look at the washer in the center. I should have measured it, but I'm thinking it's about an inch in diameter. I think the curve would be a non-issue for you. I'm loving the shorty Clearview! Perfect for what I wanted if I had to move away from the stock shield. The recurve continues the line of the nose almost exactly as well.

Attachment 7777
    Attachment 7778
    Attachment 7779

Bike came with the tall, clear shield. 5'9" Cut the shield down 2 1/2 inches and it's perfect. Fortunately. Don't want to be trying to look thru a windshield in a big rain, particularly at night. Field of vision just clears the top of the shield. For what it's worth -- -

I'm 5'6" had to go with the tall shield, the medium just was too low to cut and left too much wind noise I still wanted to lose. I'm happy with their tall shield, I can look over it at a mid setting but can keep the open cockpit feel of the bobbed stock shield. For some reason a shorty helmet works better than a 3/4 for cutting wind noise, maybe it's just the helmet I've been using. With the recurve it's pretty effective and I like the softer rounded edges better than the stock GL shields. As for Clearview, they have excellent customer service, I can't say enough good things about them.
    ss^,
    Ken

Well I ordered the large... recurved... no vent... sport tour... dark tint : Clearview says leadtime is 12 to 18 business days.

I'm hoping it'll look as good in person as in the pics.

Well I ordered the large... recurved... no vent... sport tour... dark tint : Clearview says leadtime is 12 to 18 business days.

I'm hoping it'll look as good in person as in the pics.

That's exactly the shield that I am hoping to get, too! I look forward to your feedback.

I am a bit concerned about seeing through the dark tint at night and in shadows (looking over, but seeing through). Also wind protection at speed is a question.

I think it looks fantastic on the bike. Hope it is great! Let us know
    Albuquerque, NM

I'm thinking I'll be able to look over the top of the large Clearview.

Using Clearview's measuring method, my Madstad is 16.5" above the Honda logo on the dash and I see over it just fine. I can see an object on the ground 50 feet in front of the bike and I'm not that tall either at 5'10".

Sounds like the medium might be fine for wind protection of the driver but I wanted a bit more protection for a passenger.

I'm thinking I'll be able to look over the top of the large Clearview.

Using Clearview's measuring method, my Madstad is 16.5" above the Honda logo on the dash and I see over it just fine. I can see an object on the ground 50 feet in front of the bike and I'm not that tall either at 5'10".

Sounds like the medium might be fine for wind protection of the driver but I wanted a bit more protection for a passenger.
    I have a clearview and a madstad, the clearview looks really good, but the madstad works better for me.