Heated Grips Not Working
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips Not Working

Heated Grips Not Working

It appears I will be taking the bike in for a warranty issue. The heated grips switch lights up and will cycle through the different settings. However, there is no heat on the grips.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Strange...I would not know where to start looking ??? Broken wire somewhere ?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

My first WAG would be the plugs. Most things like that when checked were plugs not fully seated or an individual wire not seated in the plug. One time I found a wire in a welder that had never had the insulation removed before the pin was crimped to it. Most problem solvers have gray hair. Good luck.

Went riding yesterday(Sunday) a little nippy in the morning and I could have used/tried mine out to see if they work but of course I completely forgot I have them.Never owned a bike with heated grips
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    Went riding yesterday(Sunday) a little nippy in the morning and I could have used/tried mine out to see if they work but of course I completely forgot I have them.Never owned a bike with heated grips
    I will never own a bike without them. Fortunately they aren't that difficult to install. Just remember people--DON'T WIRE THEM DIRECTLY TO YOUR BATTERY. Use a relay.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Heated grips, heated jackets, heated britches, heated socks,,, Good gawd!

(Well, I gues if I paid for it, I'd expect it to work,, )

Gotta ask,,,,, Fuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

Heated grips, heated jackets, heated britches, heated socks,,, Good gawd!

(Well, I gues if I paid for it, I'd expect it to work,, )

Gotta ask,,,,, Fuse?
    Not the fuse. I take it in to the dealer Saturday to have them check it out.
    I don't use any heated gear myself. And as you stated, it came with the price of the bike.
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why all the heated stuff

Just my opinion so don't flame me...but if you need all this heated stuff, grips, seats, clothes, etc...Why not just buy a car and stay warm...I have had this stuff on previous bikes and never used any of it....Guess I am a "whimp" but at the ripe old age of 73, I never ride in cold weather anyhow.....Michigan gets damn cold, but on those days I use my car!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Just my opinion so don't flame me...but if you need all this heated stuff, grips, seats, clothes, etc...Why not just buy a car and stay warm...I have had this stuff on previous bikes and never used any of it....Guess I am a "whimp" but at the ripe old age of 73, I never ride in cold weather anyhow.....Michigan gets damn cold, but on those days I use my car!!!!
    No flaming here...but as I stated, the heated grips came with the bike and I did use them on my 07 wing. I ride year round with only fingerless gloves and the heated grips and baker hand wings do a nice job of keeping my hands warm and not have to wear bulky heavy gloves.
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grips e

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    i am only 63 but if the roads are not iced up, or snow covered i am on the bike heated gear is a must at 35 degrees with mixed rain and snow on the windshield at 7000 feet. thats the only time i like driving the car. other then a sunny day in my e-type jag. dale