bluetooth question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bluetooth question

bluetooth question

i want to use my iphone to stream radio through my speakers......what do i need?im sure there are threads but can find the specific answer im looking for......dont want helmet speakers or head set.

your need a bluetooth receiver connected to a USB which plugs into your 12vdc connector in your left cubby and the audio jack connected to it. Easy Pesy! Looks like this. You can find everything on Amazon. Don't forget your phone will die, so get a DC USB connector with two USB outlets. I have 2 USB and 2 Cig. Lighter jacks!

Attachment 14664
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Yep.... this is a double USB, the sun is blocking one...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Why not just plug the aux cord in the left cubby into your iPhone and stream your phone music directly into the audio? Why use blue tooth at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunny View Post
    Why not just plug the aux cord in the left cubby into your iPhone and stream your phone music directly into the audio? Why use blue tooth at all?
    This is easy gunny- If your phone is in the left cubby how you plan on skipping songs or changing type music, changing volume, looking at the phones gps, see who's calling, etc...this way the phone is mounted where you can see it. Of course everything I listed is distractions!

of course you could just get another audio cable that can reach your phone, and some may want that. I just choose the one less cable look.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

I see what you mean!

Is the Bluetooth signal digital and the aux is analog?
    In my car the music sounds much better with a memory chip plugged into USB rather than through aux.
    I do not have Bluetooth in the car but I think that would be digital (with some conversion???)
    Maybe with the I phone you could plug the phone into the usb and get digital. I don't think the Android Galaxy S5 will work trough the usb / it doesn't in my car anyway.
    I use the usb memory card on the F6B or Seena Bluetooth to my in helmet speakers.
    Steve

I have a ram mount on my clutch perch so with bluetooth in can change stations without stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by christian52 View Post
    I have a ram mount on my clutch perch so with bluetooth in can change stations without stopping.
    Same here. Just to clarify the original post ask about BT. Yes I have my other AUX input is my iPod Classic in the saddlebag, this gives me plenty of options.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Same here. Just to clarify the original post ask about BT. Yes I have my other AUX input is my iPod Classic in the saddlebag, this gives me plenty of options.
    ive done the same with a 64g ipod touch......i ordered the bluetooth from amazon......i have a two usb port adapter in my power outlet....can i safely run both the usb and my iphone usb in the same outlet?i would need this option on long rides to keep my phone charged