Is there a video on oil change ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a video on oil change ?

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I cud not find any video online on a oil and filter change. I have 1000 miles and wanted to switch to full synthetic fluid. Don't want to take it to the dealer. Long wait and costly.
    You may want to consider waiting till 4K miles....just to make sure the rings are scrubbed in......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Sorry to disagree, I see the post as showing the OP how simple it is, and that he can't screw it up ... even a 5 year old can do it.

The second reply answered the Original Poster's Question if there was a video showing an oil change, which there was.

I took the response as HUMOR, no need to get our panties in a wad nor start drama on this board.

Attendees of the last 2 F6B Rallies will VOUCH for our HUMOROUS ways, laughter is part of life. We were even kicked out from a Hotel Pool earlier in the year (Key West ride) because we were laughing so much at each others expense, I blame Fire-Tech, 3putt, DeerSlayer and HornBlower for that one. I had never been ousted from a pool for having too much fun

Just ask Calvin, our SEXIEST Rider award recipient at the Rally, he rolled with the punches and we all had a good laugh at his expense. I know that he will get me back sometime in the future but we are GROWN men with THICK skin that can take a little bit of sarcasm or in this case humor.

RELAX and look at it from the funny side, this board is NOTHING like any other Forum on the web, we ALL get along and I have YET to meet anyone at the multiple gatherings that we've had in Daytona or Franklin that I didn't like ! (Dickie, I love you too )

Let's ride and don't take everything posted too seriously .....
    Agree !!! I've encountered very helpful folks here. But I do ask sometimes some silly questions

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    You may want to consider waiting till 4K miles....just to make sure the rings are scrubbed in......
    Really !!! U think so. Someone told me to change it around 1k or 2k miles so that oil starts setting-in in the engine components. I guess 3000 more miles is not going to hurt it. I'll do it at 4k then.

Just 2b sure. I have come across on the forum here that most of u guys like Rotella T6. I have used full synthetic Mobil1 in my star 1300. I think I'll get rotella t6 from wal-mart.

Thanks

Really !!! U think so. Someone told me to change it around 1k or 2k miles so that oil starts setting-in in the engine components. I guess 3000 more miles is not going to hurt it. I'll do it at 4k then.

Just 2b sure. I have come across on the forum here that most of u guys like Rotella T6. I have used full synthetic Mobil1 in my star 1300. I think I'll get rotella t6 from wal-mart.

Thanks
    I got all the oil and filter thinking to do it at around 2,000 but the oil looks so clean that I still haven't done it.

* BTW, the bike I'm coming from is a VStar 1300 as well. Didn't think I'd be getting another heavy weight, but dreams do come true.

+1

I still feel a little nervous doing so, but I think that's exactly what I might end up doing.

I did my first change at 3K, and the oil was about the same color as the stuff going back in - clean as a whistle. Very impressive!

Steve in OR

Thanks
    Wal Mart has the blend on sale for $12.97...picked up a gallon for the mover and top off the truck!!!!! $3.25 per quart how can you go wrong??? I usally run the bled in my bikes.... can't afford the full monty!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I just did mine at 3500 today. Super easy. Putting the cowl back on was the hardest part.
    Did the Rotella T6. Used it in my VTX too. Shifting noticeably better. Drained oil was still pretty clean! The manual is all you need if you're concerned about anything.

I just looked at Fumoto. Where do I find the one that fits F6b ?
    Fumoto F106SW.

^^^ Agree.

Many people change oil much more frequently than needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedman71 View Post
    Ouch... Not the way to make friends and influence people.
    I thought the oil change video was funny and informative. I haven't read this book yet, but if it covers Goldwing oil changes then maybe I should...