Dragon here I come! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Those big bulges under your honies purse are saddlebags. They open and you can store stuff in them.

It's an awesome pic. Peace on.
    She prefers to carry that little one. Afraid I might not unlock the bags and she wouldn't get to spend all our money I guess.

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

There was a bike that went off while we were riding. A guy from our group actually stopped and was one of 8 or 9 people who helped the guy "crab walk" his bike back up the side of the mountain. Nothing but pride hurt best I could tell, as the guy came in to the Deals Gap restaurant while we were eating. According to my buddy, the rider said "the front tire locked up". I'm sure it did...right after he grabbed a handful of front brake.

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

Just busting you a bit. My wife has been known to carry hers as well. Yes I would think over application of hydraulic fluid to front squeezy thing on the flat metal discky thing can result in maximus embarrassment. Glad he was ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

What type of grade changes does Deal's Gap have or is it pretty level ?

TIA

There is some grade change, but nothing major that I could tell. Then again, you're constantly in a corner, so I was never really building speed to need to kill like in most downhill situations. I rarely actually braked, but let the engine do most of the braking.

Not so much on the Dragon, but on the other roads in the area, the most impressive thing about the B is the raw power. There isn't the need for constant shifting like on my Shadow. This thing just churns out the power. I was leaving my v-twin buddies in the dust on the big hill climbs & pulling out of curves.

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    What type of grade changes does Deal's Gap have or is it pretty level ?
    TIA
    This should answer your question:

http://tailofthedragonmaps.com/tail-...gon-elevation/
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Those big bulges under your honies purse are saddlebags. They open and you can store stuff in them.

It's an awesome pic. Peace on.
    But her purse it where she carries her concealed weapon for easy access. Digging around in a saddle bag for a 44 magnum while riding the dragon would be to risky.

nice looking bike. On that one pic from Moonshiner looks like you were about to touch the left peg down. Did you ever drag it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Thanks Hornblower. Looks like it has quite a bit of elevation change.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleRider View Post
    Sorry so late...we rode it Friday. We were in Commerce for our riding club's state rally. Rode up Friday morning to Franklin, then rode the Moonshine 28 up to Deals Gap. Actually had a few bikes pass us on the 4 lane stretch of 28, and one of them had a B in the mix. Was that you? We officially slayed the Dragon...nothing to it. The bike handled it like a champ!

KillBoy's pics & 129photos aren't available yet...but here are the stolen/borrowed ones from 129Slayer & Moonshine photos. Won't be buying until I know what all my options are. Was impressed to see 6 different photo guys on it Friday.

Attachment 15287Attachment 15288Attachment 15289
    No worries. I didn't make it up there until Sunday anyway. Ended up on the Harley. (the F6B is in Colorado) Sure was different then the Rune and I'm sure the F6 as well. Still fun, but you have to no when enough is enough with the Street Glide where as the Honda's feel like they will go anywhere you point them.

Attachment 15298

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon186 View Post
    On that one pic from Moonshiner looks like you were about to touch the left peg down. Did you ever drag it?
    I never actually drug a peg, but I drug the sole of my boot a bunch.

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe