If You Bought an Extended Warranty...

Thread: If You Bought an Extended Warranty...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have less than a year remaining on my extended warranty. May of this year my rear end was leaking. Not bad. But with the rear end having know issues on all years of 1800s Wings I felt it a wise investment. Especially when I’m on the road and not near all my tools. As for the rear end I knew that Honda would most likely replace seal/ o-rings and that is what they did. What scares me the most would be if an electrical gremlin reared it’s head. As some one else mentioned, I had the clutch safety switch go bad. It was more cost effective for me to buy the $14.00 part and replace it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    I have less than a year remaining on my extended warranty. May of this year my rear end was leaking. Not bad. But with the rear end having know issues on all years of 1800s Wings I felt it a wise investment. Especially when I’m on the road and not near all my tools. As for the rear end I knew that Honda would most likely replace seal/ o-rings and that is what they did. What scares me the most would be if an electrical gremlin reared it’s head. As some one else mentioned, I had the clutch safety switch go bad. It was more cost effective for me to buy the $14.00 part and replace it myself.
    Our F6B's are a highly technical bike. From the Tupperware fasteners, and diagnosing and accessing internal parts of the sled; it's a challenge to take on repairs on your own. But it can be done. It's all dependent on how much do you love your F6B?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537